Author Topic: Dublin BMD's  (Read 3094 times)

Online chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Dublin BMD's
« on: Thursday 01 September 16 10:05 BST (UK) »
This might be old news but anyway......

Irish BMD records
Hi everyone. I've just seen this and thought it may be of interest.

http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/

I don't know if the link will work, but basically the historic Irish civil registers will be available online on the irishgenealogy.ie website from Thurs 8th September (i.e. probably - hopefully - births over 100 years ago, marriages 75yrs, & deaths 50 yrs). Free. So hopefully a few brick walls will fall!

This is the actual record not the index.
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin BMD's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 September 16 10:45 BST (UK) »
 ???

All that has been added for Dublin is some burial receipts (8 records)?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 September 16 11:09 BST (UK) »
???

It's not September 8th yet  ::) One week to go according to my calendar
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 September 16 12:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that info.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 September 16 13:02 BST (UK) »
When you want to link to an article from that site, click on the title and it will open on a page of its own, like this
http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2016/08/onlnine-launch-irish-birth-marriage.html

Just linking to the site means that over time the article in question will drop down the page and eventually off it.

Online chiddicks

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 September 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinann
https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Searching the names Chiddicks, Keyes, Wootton, Daniels, Lake, Lukes, Day, Barnes

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 02 September 16 00:38 BST (UK) »
???

It's not September 8th yet  ::) One week to go according to my calendar

After 5.30pm.....I'll be at work...guess that will stop me checking every two seconds.
http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 02 September 16 17:30 BST (UK) »
I'd love to try and find "my" Thomas Cummins (b c 1840) and Andrew Keating ( b c 1856) - if only I could magically be sure where - and exactly when they were born, then I might be able to find some parents for them! As neither man seemed completely certain of date or place, although they teasingly dropped hints in different English Censuses ... then I don't really hold out much hope they'll help. But it's always great to know more records will be added anywhere - especially FREE! I'll certainly have a good browse when they're up and running. Thanks for the in formation. I've virtually given up on anyone who hails from Ireland.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 September 16 17:45 BST (UK) »
I'd love to try and find "my" Thomas Cummins (b c 1840) and Andrew Keating ( b c 1856) - if only I could magically be sure where - and exactly when they were born, then I might be able to find some parents for them! As neither man seemed completely certain of date or place, although they teasingly dropped hints in different English Censuses ... then I don't really hold out much hope they'll help. But it's always great to know more records will be added anywhere - especially FREE! I'll certainly have a good browse when they're up and running. Thanks for the in formation. I've virtually given up on anyone who hails from Ireland.
Sadly Birth registration only started in 1864 so this record set won't help you.
Have you tried the transcripts of the parish registers on .... Oh which one is it,.... Find My Past or Ancestry.