Author Topic: COLLINSON family - PENRITH  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: COLLINSON FAMILY - PENRITH
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 September 16 13:35 BST (UK) »
If you look on one of the electoral roll/telephone sites and input Collinson and Penrith you will get a number of hits and some of them tie up with some of the names of the children of Stanley and Jarard. You will then have to pay a small sum to get the actual addresses.

You can also see the electoral rolls for 2002 and some later ones on www.findmypast.co.uk but you will have to buy a few credits to see the actual addresses.

Offline Jean Kellett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: COLLINSON FAMILY - PENRITH
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 September 16 19:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks I saw the telephone info....

Been on find my past and got nowhere just wondering about the northern surrey comment and separately high Wycombe. Jean is quite good about info but we are so far away and she hasn't a computer I don't know why she doesn't have one as she was a fantastic typist have to wait till I go back to the uk whenever that may be

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: COLLINSON family - PENRITH
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 September 16 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for the numerous pm's, but as I replied there, it is best to put your replies on to the thread here.

I am sorry, but I am still at a loss as to what you are wanting and why you are stuck!    You mentioned Arthur moved to High Wycombe. You have found a possible death in Surrey - but as I pointed out High Wycome is not in Surrey - what is not clear is whether you have heard that he then went to Surrey (making that death more likely).
As for finding descendants of the brothers you mention, a lot of work has been done here, and you should be able to follow it up from wherever you are in the world - that is the beauty of the www (world wide web). 
As you have seen there are lots of people willing to help (from all over the world) but we do need to know what you are stuck on. And you will need to look things up yourself once someone has pointed you in the right direction, and it may mean forking out too!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Diannej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 February 17 03:52 GMT (UK) »
I am interested in this family also.  Like Jean, my father was a Collins on, Joseph Collins on from Penrith, of this family. For interest, at the time of my birth, 1944, he lived in Carlisle, and I know he died in Hull in, I think, 1964. He was not married to my mother. There, I've said it.  I am almost 73 and it's taken me all this time! My maiden name was Dianne Hargreaves

Offline tim4sharon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 March 17 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi, have you come across a Eliza Collinson born 1879 who married a James Pennygar 1900 Penrith,
Also there is a Stanley Collinson that could still be a live in Penrith and is probably related to Eliza somehow as he was on a Mary Alice Pennegars probate in 1979

Best wishes  Tim