Author Topic: William Climpson (1783-1847) & Sarah Aldridge (1792-1863) Chesham Bois, Amersham  (Read 978 times)

Offline henrietta165

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William and Sarah married 1853, Amersham and lived at Chesham Bois. They had the following children: Anthony 1814 (m Martha), Mary 1815, William 1818 (m Joanna/Hannah), Sarah 1819 (m David Ware - my GGG-Grandparents), James 1821 (m Mary), Susan 1823, Sophia 1826 (m Robert Brown), John 1827 (m Fanny Puddephatt) and Ann 1831. Also possibly Frederick (1840), although he may have been a grandchild.
Would love to hear from anyone researching this family to share information. Sarah and husband David came to Australia (as did her brother James) and I have quite a lot of information on their branch of the tree.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Climpson (1783-1847) & Sarah Aldridge (1792-1863) Chesham Bois, Amersham
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 September 16 09:19 BST (UK) »
Can you check your dates?
If William died 1847, and had children from 1814, then I think the marriage year of 1853 must be incorrect?

If you want help following any of the other lines, then do ask - there are lots of people on here happy to help, don't have to be related!

Is this some of the family?
Bois Common, Chesham Bois
William Climpson 50 Ag lab Y
Sarah 50 Y
Mary 26 plaiter Y
Sophia 15 Y
Ann 10 Y
Frederick 10mths Y
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline henrietta165

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Climpson (1783-1847) & Sarah Aldridge (1792-1863) Chesham Bois, Amersham
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 16 15:15 BST (UK) »
Oops. Thank you Lizbd. Yes, that marriage date was wrong (it was the marriage date of William's son, John). William and Sarah married Jan 1812. And yes, the census record you found is "my" family. I also have census records for his widow Sarah for 1851 and 1861. I have found basic info (birth, marriage, death and census) on most of the children. The ones that I am missing info for are as follows: I only have daughter Mary up to the 1841 census. There is a death of Mary Climpson reg'd 1844, Amersham (freeBMD). Is this her? For daughter Susan, I only have baptism record (20 Apr 1823 Amersham). Did she die young? Sophia married 1853 to Robert Brown, and she appears in 1861 census in St Pancras Middlesex, but I have not been able to find her death. Ann was unmarried and living with her mother in Chesham in 1861, but I can't find her after that. Any help will be most appreciated.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 21:34 BST (UK) »
Baptisms @ St Mary the Virgin, Amersham. to William & Sarah Climpson.  You may have some of these.

6 Sep 1812. - Joseph, son of Willm & Sarah CLIMPSON
12 Jun 1814. -  Anthony, son of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer.
19 Nov 1815. -  Mary, daughter of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer
26 Apr 1818. -  William, son of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer
11 Jul 1819. -  Sarah, daughter of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer
4 Feb 1821. -  James, son of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer
20 Apr 1823. -   Susan, daughter of William & Sarah CLIMPSON of Amersham, Labourer

Sophia, Ann & Frederick, were not baptized in Amersham.

Marriage - 24 Oct 1846   by Banns
David WALLINGTON, aged FA, Bachelor of Amersham Common, Lab. son of James Wallington, Labourer.
Mary(x)CLIMPSON, aged FA, Spinster of Chesham daughter of William Climpson, Labourer
Witnesses - William(x)Climpson & Mary(x)Rance.

Marriage - 18 Jan 1863. 
Charles(x)ELLIS, aged FA, Widower of Amersham, Labourer son of Henry Ellis, Labourer
Ann Selina CLIMPSON, aged fa, Spinster of Amersham daughter of William Climpson, Labourer
Witnesses - William(x)Climpson & Sarah Climpson

Steve. :)

From BucksFHS - Amersham Transcripts CD.

Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline henrietta165

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 September 16 15:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Steve.  :) :) You have found a sibling, Joseph, that I didn't know existed. I have now found Joseph in census records. It appears he married twice. Firstly a childless marriage to Emma, and after her death (probably Jul Q 1871) he married Sophia Smith (Oct Q 1871), who was 34 years younger than him!
The marriage info for Mary and Ann has allowed me to follow them by census records too. Thanks again!