Author Topic: SARAH ADAM WEIDNER - Mentioned in Will  (Read 1232 times)

Offline robang66

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SARAH ADAM WEIDNER - Mentioned in Will
« on: Saturday 03 September 16 13:13 BST (UK) »
In the will of Samuel Weidner, 1793-1876, in Lobachsville, Berks County PA, besides mentioning all of his children, he also bequeaths money to "his granddaughter, Sarah Adam,  daughter of my son, Samuel Weidner".   Son Samuel 1833-1881 was married to Hannah Rohrbach Yoder, but I have found absolutely NO mention of a daughter, Sarah.  I have looked to see if she married someone surname Adam, but nothing.  I see no connection at all to that name on either side. 

Because she was specifically named in Samuel Sr.'s will, she exists, but how and where.  Any help would be appreciated. 
Ireland, Scotland, England, United States, Germany, Australia.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SARAH ADAM WEIDNER - Mentioned in Will
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 16 20:55 BST (UK) »
There was a Sarah Adam in the household of Samuel Weidner (I guess this is him, wife Catherine?) in 1870:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZLV-B65

In 1860 two Sarah Adams - mother and daughter? are living in the same area as the Weidners:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MXPN-XMZ

She was perhaps an illegitimate child - but recognised by the family, and perhaps left money separately as she might not otherwise be entitled to a share of that left to Samuel Jr.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 September 16 21:01 BST (UK) »
In addition to what jorose found, a Sarah W. Adams Peter (1856-1921) was buried in the same cemetery as Samuel and Hannah.  Her parents apparently were Henry Adams and Sarah Weidner.  I've yet to figure out what the connection could be, though.  ;)
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=adam&GSiman=1&GScid=2302405&GRid=50398592&
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 21:09 BST (UK) »
Sarah Peter's death certificate gives, birth: 4 Mar 1856, Berks Co., PA, parents: Henry Adams & Sarah Weidner both born in Berks Co., PA

Henry Adam (jr.) (Heinrich Adam), Find a Grave
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ih9/

Samuel Weidner administrator of estate of Henry Adam (jr.) late of Pike Township, Berks Co., PA deceased. Probate filed 5 Dec 1860.  7 Mar 1861 a orphans court was held.  Letters of Administration.
Mary Ann Adam, minor daughter of Henry Adam deceased, guardian David Fry
Sarah Ann Adam, minor daughter of Henry Adam deceased, guardian David Fry

Letter of petition from Henry Adam jr., son of Henry Adam sr., late of Pike Township, Berks Co., PA, deceased
Mathias Miller and Catharine his wife (late Catharine Adam) and Samuel West and Susannah his wife (late Susannah Adam)
Henry Adam senior died intestate on or about 8 Sep 1854, leaving no widow but issue three children, viz. Henry Adam, Jr., Catharine intermarried with Matthias Miller and Susannah who intermarried with Samuel West
Henry Adam's land adjoined Samuel & Jacob Weidner's land

Pennsylvania Deaths
Henry Adam (sr.), born 5 Sep 1786, Oley Township, died 28 Apr 1854, Pike Township, buried St. Paul Church Pike Twp., parents: Henry Adam & Elizabeth Franzin, wife: Susanna Moyer (Meyer), children: Catharine, Susannah, & Henry
Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.

Offline robang66

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 September 16 22:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks to everyone who helped me on this.  I now have my answer, and appreciate your expertise. 
Ireland, Scotland, England, United States, Germany, Australia.