Author Topic: Trying to trace William Johnson NSW Australia  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Definos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to trace William Johnson NSW Australia
« on: Friday 09 September 16 09:54 BST (UK) »
I've hit a brick wall and I am not sure where to go now.  Hopefully someone may be related to William Johnson (aka Billy) and may be able to help me.

All I can find for William Johnson is that he was co-respondent in my grandmothers divorce.
HYDE vs HYDE  DECREE NISI - DESERTION The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842-1954), Tuesday 29 October 1935, page 8

The papers were handed to him at 'Silverspurs' 61 Hampstead Road, Auburn (or Silverwater) NSW.  At that time there are Census records showing one Malcolm Johnson and his wife Margaret Agnes were living at that address.  Later a son Darrell John Johnson also resided there.   

He moved to another address sometime after he was given the divorce papers and that address was 12 Richards Road, Fairfield via Bossley Park NSW. 

My guess is that he was born in the early 1900 or late 1800's.  The time period I am talking about would be from 1930.  That is all I know. 

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace William Johnson NSW Australia
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 September 16 10:14 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat

I wonder if your enquiry would be better if it were moved to the Australia Board.   I will ask a Global Moderator to organise this.

In the meantime, do you have copy of the divorce papers that are available from the NSW State Records Office?

I am sure that there's no census records for NSW for the 1930s, but rather there are electoral rolls.  These do not actually show how anyone is related to anyone else, so I am not sure why you have given names for people that may well still be alive.   

EDIT TO NOTE that possible death registrations at the NSW BDM online index are in later posts.

JM (NSW centric).
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 September 16 10:29 BST (UK) »
Possible death for Malcolm JOHNSON in 1943

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/17842451  30 March 1943 Sydney Morning Herald.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 September 16 10:36 BST (UK) »
Possible death registration in 1968 at NSW BDM online Index

JOHNSON  Darrell John 
# 14235/1968

Possible death registration in 1943 NSW BDM
JOHNSON Malcolm
# 923/1943

Possible death registration in 1964 NSW BDM
JOHNSON Margaret Agnes
# 38266/1964

JM

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 September 16 11:27 BST (UK) »
Possible death registration in 1968 at NSW BDM online Index

JOHNSON  Darrell John 
# 14235/1968

Possible death registration in 1943 NSW BDM
JOHNSON Malcolm
# 923/1943

Possible death registration in 1964 NSW BDM
JOHNSON Margaret Agnes
# 38266/1964

JM

They are all at Rookwood Catholic.

The death notice of Malcolm shows that William wasn't his son.

Malcolm born in Scone and has 5 siblings, but none William.

Can't see a birth of a William to the brother's of Malcolm.

J.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 September 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
A warm welcome to rootschat  Definos :)

Here is death notice for Darrell John Johnson (Bill) in 1968 - note same address.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 09 September 16 12:05 BST (UK) »
Here is the 1935 Hyde v Hyde divorce notice which you mentioned
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17237032

I haven't found a divorce file for this couple on NSW state records https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/
(but it may be because of their recent enhancements  ::) ).  However I suspect you have the divorce records as you know where he was handed the papers.    But if you don't have them and someone can find an index entry then I am happy to photograph them next time I am there if you wish.

Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 09 September 16 13:07 BST (UK) »
Here is probate packet for Darrell John JOHNSON
https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/darrell-john-johnson-date-death-29021968-granted-26061968

I can photograph this if you wish

cheers,
   Ros

Offline Definos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 September 16 16:29 BST (UK) »
Wow!  Please first let me thank you all so much for your kind assistance and responses. 

This is my first post and I have quite a few dead ends that I have been searching for many years now and to no avail so your help and any comments are so welcomed!  Believe me!

First ‘Thank you MAJA‘ – for moving onto the correct Australian forum avenue.  Also I do believe the information was taken from the Electoral Rolls.  I believed also that Malcolm and Margaret were married and had a son Darrell John Johnson and were all now deceased.  From the information I found which is in line with yourself and JAMJAR (Thank you Jamjar!) and the possible family link in Scone NSW. 

ROSBALL – You have found more information and I would love to see the Probate documents for Darrell John Johnson.  However the most exciting thing for me is that you have enclosed in brackets the name ‘Bill’ when you mentioned the Death Notice for Darrell John Johnson.  So yes please Ros I would love you to photograph the Probate Packet and also can you tell me where you found Darrell John Johnsons  Death Notice?  How exciting!  I think you have found him for me!  I will see if I can find a birth date for him.  The letters we have are from Billy Johnson.  The only documents that stated William Johnson were on the Divorce papers. 
(I have a huge smile on my face – thank you!!)

Again, thank you all so much!  I am so grateful for your help!

Karen