Author Topic: BUILDING DECORATED WITH FLAGS Town Hall? UK LOCATED! Dunbar  (Read 3649 times)

Offline 001uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: BUILDING DECORATED WITH FLAGS Town Hall? UK LOCATION help, please
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 10 September 16 08:10 BST (UK) »
http://theaccountinghomeworkhelp.com/
The finance homework help guarantees plagiarism free work for you and provides full support in your accounting homework with round the clock experts’ help.

If you are a real person aspire100, please be aware that this, and any other posts you make, if not relevant to the topic, will be removed.

I've reported this Spam!
TABB of Saltash

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUILDING DECORATED WITH FLAGS Town Hall? UK LOCATED! Dunbar
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 10 September 16 08:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, I reported it too.  :) they're not very good spammers - only one measly spam post?  ;D

Back to more important matters ....  ;)
001uk - if you have any more mystery place postcards or photos, please go ahead and post them, but may I offer a suggestion? Rather than saying what you think signs etc read, just supply really good closeups of what may be important details. I think sometimes it is good to get other's opinions without influencing them with a suggestion.  :)

The ID threads are really popular as I think you can gather - they keep many of us occupied for hours.  ;D Keep them coming!

Offline 001uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 10 September 16 08:37 BST (UK) »
001uk - if you have any more mystery place postcards or photos, please go ahead and post them, but may I offer a suggestion? Rather than saying what you think signs etc read, just supply really good closeups of what may be important details. I think sometimes it is good to get other's opinions without influencing them with a suggestion.  :)

The ID threads are really popular as I think you can gather - they keep many of us occupied for hours.  ;D Keep them coming!
[/quote]

Hello Ruskie,  I'll try & keep 'em coming! NOTED your comment which I will gladly act on! (Describing is the time consuming part for me so cutting this will enable me to list more). Having said that I'll be away for a few days. I will add info where I think fit as this saves replies.
TABB of Saltash

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 September 16 08:41 BST (UK) »
I look forward to seeing them.  :)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 September 16 10:57 BST (UK) »
Yes keep them coming. I rarely find them, but it's fun looking and I learn a lot from the way others find them. I think the real skill is knowing the keywords to put in a search.

I agree Ruskie, less is sometimes better so that people aren't influenced. It is also useful when people say, "I think it is xxxxxxx" and either give a reason, link or photo rather than just giving a name with nothing to back it up, as that often sends people off on a false trail.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline 001uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 10 September 16 11:20 BST (UK) »
Yes keep them coming. I rarely find them, but it's fun looking and I learn a lot from the way others find them. I think the real skill is knowing the keywords to put in a search.

I agree Ruskie, less is sometimes better so that people aren't influenced. It is also useful when people say, "I think it is xxxxxxx" and either give a reason, link or photo rather than just giving a name with nothing to back it up, as that often sends people off on a false trail.

All noted! Thank you.
TABB of Saltash

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 10 September 16 11:41 BST (UK) »

Very true groom!  ;) Examples, where possible, can be very helpful.

Of course we need to know if there is anything on the back of the photo, or if it is a postcard then seeing the reverse can help in dating and dating can sometimes help with locations (especially if the building no longer exists or a place has changed substantially over the years).

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 10 September 16 14:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,
     Found the same (blurry) photograph on A1 history Dunbar website. Seems to be George Grahame's residence, Cromwell House at the Old Harbour, with his branch shop on the right. No date or reason for the decoration given. Hope this works!
          www.a1historydunbar.com/photo2-knoxaanderson.php

Regards,     Dod.
"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 10 September 16 14:54 BST (UK) »
There are some fascinating photos on that link Dod.

The picture in question is just over 1/3 of the way through (there are a lot of photos!) :)