Author Topic: DOOLEY - Thomas, married COLWELL, Minnie: children Avril and Babs  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Lindag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
DOOLEY - Thomas, married COLWELL, Minnie: children Avril and Babs
« on: Saturday 10 September 16 00:01 BST (UK) »
We're trying to trace a Great Uncle's family.  Thomas was born in 1894, a son of Robert & Annie Dooley who lived in Elmwood Street and The Wells.  Robert was a shoemaker.  Thomas was a Catholic and married Minnie Colwell, who was a Protestant.  They had two daughters, Avril and Babs.  As far as we can make out they lost contact with all the family.  We have no idea if they remained in Derry or moved to England.  We would love to make contact with any descendants from Thomas & Minnie's family.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DOOLEY - Thomas, married COLWELL, Minnie: children Avril and Babs
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 September 16 00:42 BST (UK) »
We're trying to trace a Great Uncle's family.  Thomas was born in 1894, a son of Robert & Annie Dooley who lived in Elmwood Street and The Wells.  Robert was a shoemaker.  Thomas was a Catholic and married Minnie Colwell, who was a Protestant.  They had two daughters, Avril and Babs.  As far as we can make out they lost contact with all the family.  We have no idea if they remained in Derry or moved to England.  We would love to make contact with any descendants from Thomas & Minnie's family.
Hello & welcome to Rootschat.  I am presuming you have the information from the Irish Census records for the family.   It is a policy of Rootschat not to research information on living persons.  Have a look at the Ireland Resource board and you may find advice on how to proceed.You could also check out www.igp-web.com/Derry
Good luck in your search :)

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 September 16 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindag,
there is a tree in Ancestry, is this your tree....Hartley 1 (1)
If not I will send on your message to the tree owner and get them to register with Rootschat.
Maggsie

Offline Lindag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 March 18 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Maggsie, have only just seen this reply.  No, that is not my tree on Ancestry but I shall take a look for it.  Meanwhile, if you could contact the owner and ask her to check here on Rootschat, that would be great.  Thank you very much for your help.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 March 18 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
If you are a member of Ancestry they you should be able to get it.
All I did was searched Dooley and Colwell.
Maggsie

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 March 18 11:33 BST (UK) »

A Widower in 1911 ??

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Londonderry_Urban__4_/Nailor_s_Row__Londonderry_Urban_No__2_/603704/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 March 18 11:35 BST (UK) »
Sorry...wrong one!! 

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Lindag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 March 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the census details.  I do have them already and the family on the 1901 census is the right one and Thomas is there.  However, it is after he married that the family lost touch and we are trying to find any descendants that may still be in Derry. 

Whereas relatives always knew of the two daughters as Avril and Babs, I have found out that one of them was called Marian.

I shall keep searching!  Thank you for any help you can give.