Author Topic: owen pugh born Llannarth~1811,baptised 23 december 1812 Llanllwchaiarn  (Read 2739 times)

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: owen pugh born Llannarth~1811,baptised 23 december 1812 Llanllwchaiarn
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 17:46 BST (UK) »
Dear Osprey,I meant to say the census record for Llangamarch not Llanfairarybryn..regards ivorglyn

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 18:07 BST (UK) »
Dear Osprey,I found James Pugh(wheelwright) on the 1841W census for Llangamarch(aged 56?) with children Isaac 15 and Rees 13 and Mary 10,so the marriage in 1829 is probably not correct..kind regards ivorglyn

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 20:16 BST (UK) »
if you're using FindMyPast, you can access a scan of the actual marriage register by clicking on the camera icon on the record instead of using the transcription which doesn't have all the details.

The daughter Mary is enumerated as 21 on the 1851 census, so probably not the 1833 baptism. her place of birth is given as Tingad & I've checked the baptisms for Llandingat & there's no sign of a baptism for her there, but there are plenty of independent/non-conformist churches in the area.

Baptism for Rees I mentioned earlier without realising -
Rees Pugh bp 29 Jan 1827 son of James & Mary in Pentre Ty Gwyn Indepedent same day as twin sister Elizabeth, 24 Jan 1827 given as birth date of both - on FreeReg.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 20:43 BST (UK) »
Dear Osprey,Interestingly on the 1851W census Owen Pugh(wheelwright) lives in Llandingat(near Llandovery at Green Lodge aged 40.He married Elizabeth Walters in Llandingat (21/oct/1834).Once again thankyou for your efforts.Unfortunately apart from the 1829 marriage for a James Pugh I can't find any other marriage in Wales(apart from one in Radnorshire in 1822) between a Mary and a James Pugh(between 1821 and 1831).As you have said perhaps we will have to go to the Archives for Ceredigion.I am doing this research for my cousin.He is my deceased aunties grandson and I have emailed him to enquire at the Archives..kind regards ivorglyn