Author Topic: molly McGinnis BMD nurse  (Read 1583 times)

Offline bettina53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
molly McGinnis BMD nurse
« on: Sunday 11 September 16 18:01 BST (UK) »
Looking for details of Molly (Mary Agnes) Mcginnis, a nurse in 1914 aged about 32, Carricue, Ballykelly, Faughanvale.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: molly McGinnis BMD nurse
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 September 16 18:10 BST (UK) »
Did you try 1901 or 1911 Census?

Civil Registers?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 September 16 18:14 BST (UK) »
As she is RC you can search the registers online free.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 September 16 18:23 BST (UK) »
Once again you are not posting all the information you already have. More details are on your other thread-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=754465.9

... She is a daughter of the late Mr McGinnis, Carrichue, Co Derry, and sister of Dr McGinnis, Chesterfield."  Am so glad it has been found.

You've also said "I have searched the burial records for nearby churches both Catholic and Protestant but not getting anywhere in Northern Ireland." but I'm not sure how you could have done that since it's usually only the Church of Ireland that kept burial registers.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 September 16 18:28 BST (UK) »
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Faughanvale/Carnamuff/593334/

and 1901-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Faughanvale/Carnamuff/1522277

McGuinnis Patrick of Carnamuff Carrichue county Londonderry farmer died 15 October 1916 Administration W/A (d.b.n.) Londonderry 29 October to Mary Agnes McGinnis spinster. Unadministered effects Nil. Unadministered Registered Land £319 5s. Former Grant Administration W/A Londonderry D.R. 1 December 1950.
McGuinnis Patrick of Carnamuff Carrichue county Londonderry farmer died 15 October 1916 Administration W/A Londonderry 1 December to George McGinnis farmer. Effects £294 5s

Mary Agnes still alive and unmarried in 1956-
McGinnis George of Carnamuff Carrichue county Londonderry farmer died 26 September 1955 at Roe Valley Hospital Limavady county Londonderry Probate Londonderry 14 March to Mary Agnes McGinnis spinster. Effects £1523 11s. 8d.

Offline bettina53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 11 September 16 19:32 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to 2 x Rootschat Researchers as follows:

Hallmark - thank you for your reply, I should have mentioned that I had seen the entries in the 1901 & 1911 census returns.  I appreciate you taking the time to do the search and am glad that you come to the same findings as myself a couple of days ago.

Aghadowey - I started a new thread because I had to make sure that Molly McGinnis & Mary Agnes McGinnis were the same person and I have still not ascertained that 100% (99.9% sure), but.....  Hence, my search for a birth certificate and a death notice.  I do not have a photograph either.  There are 3 x "Molly" in this family as Mary Josephine (married to Dr Francis Patrick McGinnis) and therefore her sister-in-law, was also called Molly (previous Kelly).  One of my volunteers at work physically checked the local graveyards and his own historical records for "Molly McGinnis" before we moved onto anything else.  Thank you sincerely for the wills/probate information - this will move me on further.  I wanted to find out if Molly went back to nursing in Dublin or if she went elsewhere.

Regards.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 11 September 16 20:48 BST (UK) »
One of my volunteers at work physically checked the local graveyards and his own historical records for "Molly McGinnis" before we moved onto anything else.
... which isn't the same as checking burial records of local churches. It may be that there's no headstone or her name wasn't listed on a family one.

Mary Agnes was alive in 1956. She could, of course, have married late in life which will make iot more difficult to trace her. Have you checked any of the Derry papers? GRONI deaths (50+ years old in their online database), Irish deaths here- https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp

Offline bettina53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 11 September 16 22:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the further info Aghadowey.  Regards.