Author Topic: Frances STEVENS - birth baptism mystery  (Read 9767 times)

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: Frances STEVENS - birth baptism mystery
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 12:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you . . . .will try that method tomorrow.   :)
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Jason19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Green - Launceston
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 10 October 20 13:57 BST (UK) »
Wiggy
I see you must be looking at the same family tree as me, as George Green from Hobart is part of the family tree i am looking at, who had sons Richard and Phillip and descended from Richard Green in Launceston of Issac & Frances.  I live in the UK now.  I have sketchy details of family going back to William Greene who died in Stevenage in the UK back in 1570.  A lot of the details are not confirmed, but have some detail that i will try to verify in due course.
Jason

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 10 October 20 20:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply Jason. 

Yes Richard Green arrived in Australia in 1830/31 with Matthias Gaunt his brother-in-law, married to his sister Frances.

I have not been able to reliably trace the family back beyond Isaac Green of Essendon Hertfordshire. 
As I have stuck to my dire t ancestors, I haven't gone sideways to other relations at all, but I did try to find Isaac and Frances's parents - without and luck.  I got back another couple of generations for Isaac but was utterly stuck with Frances Stevens.  That is when I ran out of 'steam'.  As far as I got, the family names seemed to be repeating, so I was fairly confident to that stage.

I haven't been doing much family history lately - stopped when I seemed to be meeting brickwalls in every direction.
I did find that the Green family was associated with a pub in Southwark  (I think) which apparently is still there.  But I couldn't get a definite fix on it, so haven't added it to the tree - I think it was Thomas, a brother of James Green.

Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Jason19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 10 October 20 23:47 BST (UK) »
Wiggy
If you can private message me, I will email you the details i have on the Green side of things. 
Weirdly enough, i don't live that far from Essendon and worked in Stevenage, Hitchin and Hertford, which are all places mentioned in the green family history, prior to Isaac.  I fully understand if you have stopped and would prefer not to email!!
Jason

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday 11 October 20 07:36 BST (UK) »
 You will need to remove your email address!

RootsChat is an Open forum - meaning that postings can be seen by anyone searching on the internet.

You can exchange personal information (such as email addresses) via the Personal Message system.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday 11 October 20 08:23 BST (UK) »
Going back to the marriage of Fanny and Isaac, there were four witnesses - have they all been traced. The two Greens are likely to be Isaac's relatives, and I'm pretty sure the Samuel Hill is the one who married an Ann Green at Essendon on 18 Oct 1798. It was by licence and he was of the parish of St George the Martyr, Middlesex and Ann Green was otp. Four witnesses again, one was Isaac Green. Luckily Samuel could sign his name and the signatures on that marriage and as witness on Isaac and Fanny's look the same.

So that only leaves Susanna Wilkins to track down, hopefully a connection of Fanny's.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott