Author Topic: Ship called "Parkfield" 1859  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ship called "Parkfield" 1859
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 September 16 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi.

Victorian Government Gazette
General Post Office Melbourne
LETTERS DETAINED AT THE DEAD LETTERS OFFICE, WITH THE AMOUNT OF POSTAGE CHARGED, INCLUDING 2D FOR ADVERTISING.
19th February 1862
Gucht, H. Vander, England, 8d.

Gerry

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 15 September 16 00:34 BST (UK) »

Thanks for that note Gerry

Always worth double checking these but I think that relates to another guy, Henry Vandergucht, who was in Victoria for most of his life.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bobby G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 18 September 16 13:01 BST (UK) »
I know this ship as my paternal convict ancestor was on it. I've had a look at my documents but couldnt see anything for Vandergucht or similar. One or 2 of the ship lists are in alphabetical order and my chap (Gambrill) is listed fairly early on so I dont have access to 'V'.

Now, surprisingly the QLD archives have information about this ship (my chap and his dad are listed) They are down for maintenance tonight so check tomorrow http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/family-history/convicts.

Researching Gambrill www.gambrillfamilytree.com Gedmatch T909876 Join our Gambrill FB Group

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 September 16 01:35 BST (UK) »
I know this ship as my paternal convict ancestor was on it. I've had a look at my documents but couldnt see anything for Vandergucht or similar. One or 2 of the ship lists are in alphabetical order and my chap (Gambrill) is listed fairly early on so I dont have access to 'V'.

Now, surprisingly the QLD archives have information about this ship (my chap and his dad are listed) They are down for maintenance tonight so check tomorrow http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/family-history/convicts.

Thank you very much for checking the full "passenger" list of the Parkfield. Although I don't think he was on board, particularly as a 5 yr old, it would be good to totally rule out the possibility.

Thank you again - I appreciate your help
Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk