Author Topic: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham
« on: Thursday 15 September 16 07:11 BST (UK) »
I have located a marriage for Robert W Evans (Roy) b 1913 who married a Bronwen Lewis in 1935 at St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham and I am wanting further details on the marriage to verify that it may belong to my family. Can anybody help as where the church records are held.
Kind Regards
Dingaling
Allan, Dow,Boggie,Douglas,Hillock...Scotland
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
Coleman, Richards, Hughes, Lloyd, Chambers. Wales and England.
 Evans, Thomas, Humphreys, Williams, Jones, LLoyd. Wales
Parsey, Price, Taylor, Protheroe, Jenkins. Kerford.
....Wales and England.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 September 16 08:08 BST (UK) »
GenUKI for Rhosllanerchrugog says:

The following Parish Registers have been deposited at the Denbighshire Record Office, Ruthin.
    They may be viewed on microfilm at the Denbighshire and Flintshire Record Offices, at the A.N. Palmer Library, Wrexham, and at the National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth.
    These microfilms are not available elsewhere.

Baptisms    Marriages    Burials
1853 - 1906    1854 - 1930    1853 - 1920

There are no Bishop's Transcripts for St. John's, Rhosllanerchrugog.

There are no official I.G.I. entries for St. John's, Rhosllanerchrugog.

So, it might be best to purchase the Marriage Certificate?
Or contact Denbighshire Record Office?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 September 16 09:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you KGarrad for your reply and for the information on the different records that are available. Cheers Kay P
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 September 16 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Kay

If you have their dates of birth (or approximations), you could check them up on the 1939 Register (available on FindMyPast http://search.findmypast.co.uk/search-world-Records/1939-register ).

We're not allowed to do look ups from that register but I think a search might be worthwhile.

Gadget

PS - my Rhos marriages booklet only goes to 1906  :(
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 September 16 10:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gadget for your reply. Yes I was searching for my Robert W Evans b 1913 when I came across the 1939 registry.  I have been looking for a Robert William Evans b 1913 Senghenydd Wales who was given to a relative after the Senghenydd Mine Disaster on 14th October 1913 and the death of his father in the mine.  My Robert William Evans b 1913 was believed also to be called Roy. So that is one reason why I was  drawn to the entry and was trying to define the details on the 1935 marriage certificate. Unfortunately the only details of his spouse is that her name was Bronwen Lewis. I dont have a birth year for Bronwen.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 16 September 16 23:34 BST (UK) »
I was successful in looking up the 1939 Registry on FindMyPast for a Robert W Evans (Roy) b 1913 and his wife Bronwen and anxiously waiting for the marrriage certificate to further my research and make a one hundred percent match. The date of birth matches the birth cert that I have for my  R W Evans who was fostered (given) to an aunt after the death of his father in the Senghenyyd Mine Disaster of 14th October 1913. Family has always referred to Robert William Evans as Roy. A big thank you to all for help that I received. Cheers
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 September 16 09:31 BST (UK) »
Did you find any death records for Roy and Bronwen?  I had a look a few days ago but couldn't find anything that were close-ish matches to their DofBs.

Added - I started looking through Wills/Probate but there are lots!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 September 16 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget, I have been searching for Robert and Bronwen Evans records without any result. No deaths,WW2 records that I can relate to or other records. Maybe they migrated but if it was during a war not many people would have  travelled. Robert and Bronwen Evans may have moved to Scotland or Ireland but a general search would have shown up other records relating to this. Robert William Evans (Roy) b 21 10 1913 is listed as a aircraft inspector in the Sept 1939 Register. I am waiting on their marriage certificate for more information if R W Evans was in the forces the marriage certificate would mention this. Bronwen Evans mother Charlotte A Lewis who lived next door to Bronwen Evans died in 1940.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 September 16 07:20 BST (UK) »
I have searched the Family Search Records  and located a death of a John Samuel Lewis b 2.2.1907(8) died Dec1986 Wrexham Maelor V 24 Page 1196 and a
Marian Lewis b 4.6.1903 (same as 1939 Register) who died June 1970 8A 227 Line 66. John Samuel Lewis and Marian Lewis would be siblings of Bronwen Lewis who married Robert William (Roy) Evans.
Would the death certificate be the only way of finding more details on the above death entries.
....Wales and England.