Author Topic: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 September 16 21:36 BST (UK) »
Thank you Rosie for your post. Yes I am confident thar John Samuel Lewis and Marion (Marian) lewis belong to Charlotte a Lewis and Bronwen Lewis (Evans). I find that certificates are necessary to prove beyond any doubt of a connection.
Allan, Dow,Boggie,Douglas,Hillock...Scotland
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
Coleman, Richards, Hughes, Lloyd, Chambers. Wales and England.
 Evans, Thomas, Humphreys, Williams, Jones, LLoyd. Wales
Parsey, Price, Taylor, Protheroe, Jenkins. Kerford.
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 25 September 16 21:45 BST (UK) »
I don't think the death certs will give you much info, Kay.

A full death record will give you:

Name
    Date and place of death
    Date and place of birth (before 1969 a certificate only showed the age of the deceased)
    Occupation
    Abode
    Cause of death
    The person who gave the information for the death registration

If you want to be sure of the family relationships, it would be best to get their birth certs to confirm parents' names.

There might be obituaries in the Wrexham Leader newspaper, for e,g. but I don't have access that recently.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 25 September 16 22:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks you Gadget, I usually only send away for certificates on my family tree direct line. Eg marriage cert of R W Evans and Bronwen Lewis. From australia the certs are eighteen dollars so a copy of a will would be about twenty five. I will try the newspapers and see if there are any obit notices for john Samuel Lewis and if I dont find any leads on R W Evans then the Will for J S Lewis would be my next opsion for kin.
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 05:18 BST (UK) »
I have just received the marriage certificate of Robert William Evans and Bronwen Lewis dated 9th November 1935 which was solemnized at the Parish Church of Rhosllanergrugog in the county of Denbigh.
The details on the certificate states are.
 Robert William Evans age 22 years a bachelor. Trade a Mechanic. Residence Smith Street Rhos. Fathers name John Edward Evans a labourer.
Bronwen Lewis was 25 a spinster no occupation residence 120 Cynghorfan. Fathers name Samuel Lewis (Plasterer) deceased.
Witnesses Thomas Roberts and Mair Lewis.
The Vicar J Lewis Edwards.
My reason for the certificate is that I am looking for my husbands uncle Robert William Evans (Roy) b 21st October 1913 who was given to an aunt after the death of his father Robert William Evans bc 1875 at the Senghenydd Mine disaster of 14th October 1913.
The 1939 registry gives a Robert William Evans (Roy) b 21st October 1913 living at Rhosllanerchrugog with his wife Bronwen.
I dont know if there is a connection with the R W Evans located in the 1939 registry and the R W Evans b 1913 Senghenydd Glamorgan Wales that I am trying to trace.
Hoping that someone may be able to help me with my research.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 07:04 BST (UK) »
Just a quick note on Robert William Evans (Roy)
that
Christian and surname and known name (Roy) and date of birth are a perfect match to the R W Evans located in the 1939 Registry.
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 08:45 BST (UK) »
It's all tied up nicely, then.  Glad you've got a match  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 09:04 BST (UK) »
Yes I am pleased that I found a excellent match but as you know family research never stops.
 I am now researching the father noted on the marriage cert John Edward Evans a labourer to see if he was the adopted or fostered family of R W Evans b 1913. Any suggestions I will gladly accept.
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 09:34 BST (UK) »
My first guess as to John Edward Evans  would be that he was a close relative. Have you followed R W Evans' father's family further back?

Added - have you found Robert William Evans, snr on the 1911/1901 to see his place of birth,etc.?

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 10:13 BST (UK) »
Robert William Evans bc 1875 1911 census says that he was born North Wales (no town listed) and that he could speak both Welsh and English.
I cant find R W Evans in any previous census as I dont have the detail to find a match. The surname Evans is a popular name in Wales.

RW Evans (age 25) marriage cert in 1907 to Emma Hughes maiden name Coleman says that his fathers name was Robert Evans and that he was a farmer. R W Evans in 1907 was living in Llanbradach Glamorganshire and was a coal miner. On one of his childrens birth cert RW Evans name has been listed as William Robert Evans and his age is listed incorrectly.

Thought if I could trace one of the witnesses or John Edward Evans I may find my link to the family of Robert William Evans bc 1875. I did find a John Edward Evans b 1868 Llansilin Wales who had a brother Robert William Evans b 1871 Pool Quay Montgomeryshire but not sure if I am on the right track.
....Wales and England.