Author Topic: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham  (Read 6073 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1935 Marriage St John Rhosllannerchrugog Wrexham
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 10:19 BST (UK) »
I've had a quick look through but only listings as I'm busy today - found possibles in Holywell and Rhyl RDs.

I'll try to follow up on searches this evening.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 10:29 BST (UK) »
Think I've found them both in the 1881 - Llansilin. Is that the one that you've looked at?  RW is B. 1871. Mother Elizabeth (widw)

RG11/5498/13/1
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 10:36 BST (UK) »
Yes that is the 1881 census that I located. I will have to locate the census for 1891 and 1901 and 1911 to make sure. It could be that brother John Edward Evans a uncle fostered R W Evans b 1913 and that is why his name is listed on the marriage cert. Trying to find Elizabeth Evans maiden name feel that she married an Evans around 1867.
Allan, Dow,Boggie,Douglas,Hillock...Scotland
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
Coleman, Richards, Hughes, Lloyd, Chambers. Wales and England.
 Evans, Thomas, Humphreys, Williams, Jones, LLoyd. Wales
Parsey, Price, Taylor, Protheroe, Jenkins. Kerford.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 11:04 BST (UK) »
Robert William Evans b 1871 Pool Quay Montgomeryshire is listed in the 1911 census. So it is not possible that he belongs to my Evans family as I have my Robert William Evans bc 1875 in the 1911 census at Senghenydd Wales.
Potts,Tattersall,Wells,Turner, Brown,Saxby,Knighton,Brangwin,Thompson,Shipton,Hockey.....England and Australia
....Wales and England.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 19:45 BST (UK) »
The date of birth matches the birth cert that I have for my  R W Evans who was fostered (given) to an aunt after the death of his father in the Senghenyyd Mine Disaster of 14th October 1913.

I've just found this again from earlier in the thread. Just wondering which side the aunt came from and whether she was a 'full' aunt or married a brother of oneof his parents?

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 18 October 16 21:55 BST (UK) »
Family myth has it was an Aunt but I am open minded as the Coleman (mothers maiden name) has been researched extensively but as a researcher I am open minded as time does tarnish the memory. Many thanks for your help all is very much appreciated. I will keep searching FindMyPast, Ancestry and Family Search as records are being transcribed all the time.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 18 November 16 10:14 GMT (UK) »
The 1939 Registry has lifted a black out line on the family of Robert William (Roy) EVANS and his wife Bronwen EVANS. a son John R L Evans born 6.2.1937 is listed. So I am one more step closer to locating the above family.
All is looking good.
....Wales and England.

Offline Dingaling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 23 January 17 09:34 GMT (UK) »
After 104 years of not knowing what happened to Baby Robert William (Roy) Evans  b 1913 Senghenydd who was fostered out after the death of his father contact has been made with Roys family in NSW Australia. Roy was (cared, fostered, adopted) by his Uncle John Edward Evans. I have the marriage cert of Roy  dated 1935 at Rhosllanerchrugog Wales and it names his father as John Edward Evans  a labourer and this is all that I know to date except that he was an Uncle.
I have a newspaper clipping of the wedding which gives an address for John Edward Evans as Bryn Madoc Gwynfryn Wales.
I am looking for records that may help me further my research into John E Evans and the Evans  family and hopefully connect with the census records.
Does anybody know of Electoral rolls etc that may help identify John Edward Evans alive in 1935.
....Wales and England.