Author Topic: Joseph DOUGLAS / LIMAVADY  (Read 4682 times)

Offline MURPHY2011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph DOUGLAS / LIMAVADY
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 November 16 21:32 GMT (UK) »
I didnt know that and had been thinking of names it could have been shortened to  :)

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 09:28 GMT (UK) »

... Notes:

other children born to this couple.  Henry 1912,Alexander 1914, Anna Jane 1918,Mary 1920.

Just speculation, but in light of the above childrens' details provided at reply #3 for parents Henry Douglas and Annie Millar,  I wonder if the other person mentioned in the following Administration case entry for Henry Douglas in the PRONI Will Calendars might be his daughter?

Douglas Henry of Terrydoo Limavady P.O. County Londonderry old age pensioner died 1 August 1957 Administration Londonderry 23 September to Annie Jane McCloskey married woman. Effects £312 0s. 5d.

Also, an Annie Douglas who was the wife of a labourer Henry Douglas, died on 3 July 1947 at Terrydoo in the presence of her husband and was reported as 60 years old - this age is consistent with Annie (Millar) Douglas living with Henry (and son Joseph) in Ballyavelin North in the 1911 census return posted at reply #5. 

Offline MURPHY2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 November 16 12:09 GMT (UK) »
I would agree with this and knowing the little bits I found out from various locals it does add up. Joseph died at Keady 1945 his mum died 2 yrs later 1947 and his father working at Keady died in an accident also in 1957 it's so sad. The mention of Annie Jane is also tying up as my sister was called Ann Jean (Jane ) Douglas though we always called her Ann my mum and Irish family always called her Jean. We never knew why this was.

Offline Ray1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I saw a picture of two women in the limavady of the past and present site standing by a car one of them was my mother Mary Kathleen Mcguinness who later married logue I was wondering was the other lady Bridget Mcguinness. Ray Logue

Offline gram8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 15 March 22 09:10 GMT (UK) »
RE:Joseph DOUGLAS/LIMAVADY

Hey 'Murphy2011',

I have just read your post referenced <<on: Thursday 15 September 2016. It is the starting post on page 1 of 3 pages.
I am MA the daughter of Henry James DOUGLAS, born in Limavady in 1912, who in turn, I deduce to have been the brother of Joseph Douglas born in Limavady in 1910. Therefore it appears that your sister (half) A is in fact my first cousin. Amongst my family papers I have a newspaper article of the accident at Keady Quarry, Limavady in which appears a photograph of your sister's father (my uncle). I am happy to share whatever information you or your sister require. It's not excessive as indeed my father moved to England in 1940 when he was discharged from the army. He married in England where I was born and brought up. He died in 1953 of a war injury.

Online Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 16 March 22 11:27 GMT (UK) »

Hi gram8 and welcome to RootsChat  :)

The OP (MURPHY2011) was last online here in February of last year and should be receiving e-mail notifications to respond to his/her thread. If you make at least one more post, you can use the PM (Personal Message) system to contact him/her.

See https://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 17 March 22 09:35 GMT (UK) »

Joseph died at Keady 1945 his mum died 2 yrs later 1947 and his father working at Keady died in an accident also in 1957.....

From GRONI online - https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Joseph Douglas   
DoD: 21st January 1946   
Age at death: 35      
Male   
R.D. Limavady

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline gram8

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 May 22 10:12 BST (UK) »
I refer to Reply #23
Thank you RootsChat

I understand that with one more posting I would qualify for use of the Personal Message system to send a communication of mine directly to the the originator of this theme of postings, viz OP (MURPHY2011).
So as not to leave any stone unturned this posting is offered in order to qualify for said direct access to the PM with the hope that contact can be made.
May I offer my appreciation to RootsChat for such a facility and look forward to establishing contact with MURPHY2011.