Author Topic: Calvin of Macosquin  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Tyresson2012

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Calvin of Macosquin
« on: Tuesday 20 September 16 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi all :)

I am looking for information on the Calvin Family from Macosquin. 

The wife of my great uncle was Molly (Mary Isabel) Calvin, married to George Coulter and they resided in Cookstown.  Mollys brothers were Samuel, Thomas & John and she had one sister Jeanie.

Anyone any relation or information on the family?
Coulter - Teressan, Cookstown, Co Tyrone
Coulter - Rhode Island, Providence USA
Boyce - Carndaisy, Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Murphy - Carrydaragh, Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Harkley / Hartley - Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Higginson - Gortagilly, Moneymore, Co Londondery
Montgomery - Portglenone / Belfast & Cookstown
Morgan - Cookstown Co Tyrone
Purvis - Claremount, Cookstown, Co Tyrone
Nixon, Cookstown, County Tyrone
Bell - Tamlaghtmore, Cooksown

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Calvin of Macosquin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 21:37 BST (UK) »
It would help if you could give us an idea of dates- just remember not to post details of living people. I'm not related but will have a look through my files when I get back home.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Tyresson2012

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hi there, sorry didn't realise I had posted two topics 🤔. 

Molly died 2016 aged 89 born around 1927. 
Coulter - Teressan, Cookstown, Co Tyrone
Coulter - Rhode Island, Providence USA
Boyce - Carndaisy, Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Murphy - Carrydaragh, Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Harkley / Hartley - Moneymore, Co Londonderry
Higginson - Gortagilly, Moneymore, Co Londondery
Montgomery - Portglenone / Belfast & Cookstown
Morgan - Cookstown Co Tyrone
Purvis - Claremount, Cookstown, Co Tyrone
Nixon, Cookstown, County Tyrone
Bell - Tamlaghtmore, Cooksown

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 23:27 BST (UK) »
You posted on 2 other threads which is why I posted links to this one of yours  ;)

So, the details you are looking for are VERY recent and other than something like this obituary there may not be much available online-
http://www.steensonfuneralservices.com/index.php/obituary-notices/272-molly-coulter

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 September 16 23:40 BST (UK) »
Agnes Colvin, late of Smyth Crescent, Portglenone and formerly of Ballybollan Road, Ahoghill, passed away on January 28. Dear sister of Jean, Mary, Willie, John and the late Harry, Lily, David, Robert and Margaret. The Funeral Service will take place on Saturday (January 30) at 12 noon in Logan’s Funeral Home (see right). Interment to follow in Ballymena Cemetery.  28 January, 2010

Joseph (Joe) Colvin, late of the Gobhan Close area of Portadown, passed away peacefully on May 7 2010 at his home surrounded by his loving family. Deeply regretted and sadly missed by his wife Ivy, daughter Lynn and son Joe Jnr., daughter-in-law Gillian, grandsons Jake and tom, also sisters Beatrice and Dorothy.  The Funeral Service will take place on Sunday (May 9) at 2.30 p.m. in Seagoe Parish Church (see right), with committal following in the adjoining graveyard. House strictly private. Donations in lieu of flowers have been requested (see right). Sadly missed by his Family and Friends.

Margaret Anna Colvin, late of the Ashgrove Road area of Newry, passed away on June 25.2010 Dearly beloved wife of the late Kenneth, much loved mother of Ann and Laura. A Funeral Service will take place on Sunday (June 27) at 12.30 p.m. in her daughter’s residence (Kidds Road, Newry), then to St. Patrick’s Parish Churchyard at 1 p.m. for interment. Donations in lieu of flowers have been requested

Mary Matilda (Tilly) Colvin (née Booth), late of Sunnymead Residential Home, Armagh and formerly of Portadown, passed away on July 26. Beloved wife of the late Rev. Edwin Morrow Colvin, loving mother of Patricia and Peter, mother-in-law of Rosie and the late Hans, and a dear grandmother of Bryan, Kimberley, David, Elizabeth, Christopher and Emily, and great-grandmother of Jayda. The Funeral Service will take place on Sunday (July 29 2012) at 2.30 p.m. in Edenderry Methodist Church, Portadown . Interment to follow in Ballynanny Methodist Churchyard, Ballygawley, to arrive at 5 p.m. approximately. Family flowers only please. Donations in lieu of flowers have been requested

David Wortley Colvin, late of the Tandragee Road area of Portadown, passed away on March 15. Beloved husband of the late Olive and dear father of Philip and Linda, and loved grandfather of Rebekah, Megan, William and David. The Funeral Service will take place on Sunday (March 17 2013) at 2 p.m. in Thomas Street Methodist Church, Portadown. Interment to follow in Kernan Cemetery, Portadown

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 September 16 00:27 BST (UK) »
Macosquin is just outside Coleraine in County Londonderry and I can't see any connection to the obituaries just posted. Am I missing something here?