Author Topic: sarah mcdowell 25TH april 1902  (Read 3732 times)

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sarah mcdowell 25TH april 1902
« on: Thursday 22 September 16 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hey I have a sarah mcdowell born 25th april 1902 in kilkeel, to a robert mcdowell and a sarah rodgers.
Im wondering if someone could help me track all 3 of them down, as im unable to find a marriage for sarah and robert, and also the daughter sarah herself. Any help or information would be appreciated
Thanks

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sarah mcdowell 25TH april 1902
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 September 16 15:15 BST (UK) »
Here’s the family in 1901 & 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Mullarton/Moneydorraghmore_Upper/1235504/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Mullartown/Moneydorragh_More_Upper/244783/

The 1911 census shows they were married 29 years so c 1881. Can’t see the marriage in the civil indexes. The Kilkeel RC marriages on the NLI site only go up to 1876. Marriages after that are still with the parish.

Probate abstract from the PRONI wills site:

Administration (with the Will) of the Personal Estate of Robert McDowell late of Moneydarraghmore Upper, Annalong, County Down, Farmer, who died 4 March 1921 granted at Belfast 26 October 1921 to Sarah McDowell, the widow, the Universal Legatee. Effects £65 15s.

The will should be in paper format in PRONI. You might want to get a copy to see if it mentions daughter Sarah.
Elwyn

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 September 16 15:24 BST (UK) »
I think that this is their marriage with Robert shown as MARDOLE on Dec 30 1881 - LINK

and birth record of Sarah Jane (5th row down) - LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 September 16 16:43 BST (UK) »
You are a star!! But unfortunately I csnnot see the links u are sending, anyway you could send me them through email

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 September 16 17:00 BST (UK) »
They are on www.irishgenealogy.ie

I am having problems on some computers with messages re privacy issues.

If you are getting these I'm not sure what you can do

However if you are being asked are you a robot and to confirm who you are, once you do this you should see them

Best of luck
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 September 16 17:13 BST (UK) »
Yeah being asked if im a robot but still wont let me see, it starts to download something then says unsuccessful

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 September 16 18:34 BST (UK) »
There’s death on 24.1.1935 for a Sarah McDowell aged 74, regd Kilkeel, on the GRONI site. That looks very likely to be Robert’s wife Sarah Rodgers.

I searched for a marriage for Sarah Jane McDowell born 1902. Sarah McDowell is a very common name and there were 25 or more in the period 1920 to 1939. None registered in Kilkeel though. So if she married, it doesn’t appear to have been at home. (In which case finding her will be a needle in a haystack). I also searched for her death 1911 – 1965 in Kilkeel. I didn’t find one. So she might have died after 1965 (records after that date are not on-line) or away from Kilkeel.
Elwyn

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 September 16 22:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much elwyn for that information,  thats a great help......sarah we know moved to belfast and was living in balmoral street in 1920 as she had a son called herbert patrick mcdowell, this is where we loose her, I would assume she stayed here, possibly married and died here. Could you check belfast for me for both,  thank you so much

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 September 16 22:36 BST (UK) »
Searching the GRONI marriage indexes 1920 – 1939 there are 11 Sarah McDowell marriages in Belfast. It’ll cost you £2.50 each to view them to see if any are your Sarah. (Father’s name and occupation should help decide).

There are dozens of Sarah McDowell deaths. It’s a needle in haystack searching them.

Elwyn