Author Topic: sarah mcdowell 25TH april 1902  (Read 3727 times)

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: sarah mcdowell 25TH april 1902
« Reply #18 on: Friday 23 September 16 18:01 BST (UK) »
I know she lived in 12 balmoral street in 1920, so I would assume she didnt go to far from there

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 23 September 16 18:49 BST (UK) »
In 1918, the head of household for 12 Balmoral St was Eliza McFetridge and she was still listed there in 1932. Could they have been lodging with her? If so, not easy to track when they arrived or left.

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/bcomplete1918.htm

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/bcomplete1932.htm

Elwyn

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 23 September 16 19:55 BST (UK) »
Yes im assuming she rented, although have heard her brother william owned or rented a house under his name but like you say, popular name

Offline conormcmanus38

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Unilove18,

I have been doing some research on my grandfather and have come across some of your posts which I would like to talk to you about. I am not 100% sure that there would be a link but its the closest I have come to getting relatively close information for him.

Would you be able to send me an email so that we can have a chat?

(*)

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 23:30 BST (UK) »
Email sent conor

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 January 21 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much elwyn for that information,  thats a great help......sarah we know moved to belfast and was living in balmoral street in 1920 as she had a son called herbert patrick mcdowell, this is where we loose her, I would assume she stayed here, possibly married and died here. Could you check belfast for me for both,  thank you so much

Hi - not sure if you are still on this but i have been researching the McDowell Family too

As per the links given Robert McDowell married Sarah Rodgers in 1881

They had 11 children and as far i can tell they all emigrated to the USA (With 2 returning home- John marrying Catherine Young, and Barney marrying Maggie Haughian (Marriage is in Ireland, Barney, then emigrates, gets citizenship in 1928, and then comes home again in 1929)

Daughter Sarah emigrates onboard the SS Celtic arriving in New York on 17 September 1922, where she married John Buckley and had 1 son John Joseph

McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline unilove18

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 07 March 21 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much elwyn for that information,  thats a great help......sarah we know moved to belfast and was living in balmoral street in 1920 as she had a son called herbert patrick mcdowell, this is where we loose her, I would assume she stayed here, possibly married and died here. Could you check belfast for me for both,  thank you so much

Hi - not sure if you are still on this but i have been researching the McDowell Family too

As per the links given Robert McDowell married Sarah Rodgers in 1881

They had 11 children and as far i can tell they all emigrated to the USA (With 2 returning home- John marrying Catherine Young, and Barney marrying Maggie Haughian (Marriage is in Ireland, Barney, then emigrates, gets citizenship in 1928, and then comes home again in 1929)

Daughter Sarah emigrates onboard the SS Celtic arriving in New York on 17 September 1922, where she married John Buckley and had 1 son John Joseph

Hey nice to have another response on here. Thank you so much for that information. Ive added that to my tree, as i suspected a couple of the boys had come home.  However since my last post i have figured out that this sarah that married the man buckley is in fact the 1st cousin of the actual sarah mcdowell i was looking for. Both sarahs fathers Robert and wiilliam where brothers. Hopefully we can fill each other in on the blanks, if you would like to pm me i will get back to you straight away. Thanks so much
xx