Author Topic: looking for: Annie Phyllis Jerard/Sheedy  (Read 4903 times)

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: looking for: Annie Phyllis Jerard/Sheedy
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 06 October 16 03:56 BST (UK) »
Hi I did try to attach that marriage record on Tuesday Dont know what happened to it. It definitely didnt have that his mother or father were deceased as his father died 1911. maybe he didnt know or that he wasnt brought up by Anne(Annie). I cant find a re marriage for her or a death. Have looked in Nz, England, Nsw, On ancestry.Have tried different ways of spelling Jerard.? Sheedy Hard brick wall. I am always very appreciative of everyone helping me and only turn to rootschat when really necessary. I am always telling my fellow genealogists about it Its the best. Thanks lnr

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 06 October 16 04:15 BST (UK) »
So perhaps you could type up the information from the marriage certificate?  I have already posted the headings. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 06 October 16 04:19 BST (UK) »
Sometimes on some certificates I have noticed the following symbol used by clergy to denote that a person was known to be deceased.   

The Alt key and 0134  :) should find the symbol.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 06 October 16 06:23 BST (UK) »
Inr,
It certainly can be a bit annoying when you think you've attached and posted documents to share and then they don't seem to be there afterall  ???

;D ;D Why don't you give it another shot. Might work this time. ;D ;D

Getting back to Henry JERARD, I have the impression from his electoral records that he was having hard times as he came to old age.

He was living on and off at a charitable institution.

Sue 

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 09 October 16 04:53 BST (UK) »
maybe annie was in physciatric care when she died. do deaths have to be registered when they dont know details of the patient? Thanks lnr

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 09 October 16 05:14 BST (UK) »
Hi
Before we go down that track, why don't you type the information shown in each of the columns on the marriage certificate for the son as has been suggested a few times.

Do you have it handy?
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 10 October 16 05:08 BST (UK) »
marriage 1936 dandenong circut methodist, when 18 jan 1936,where methodist parsonage dandenong.Reginald joseph SHEEDY batchelor, Helen Clarice LONGNEY spinster children none. born south melbourne colac occupation labourer, domestic duties, age 30, 24, residence North Tyrong both there now. father william Sheedy, mother Ann Gerard, Father Felix Ralph Longney, mother Helen Clare STRICKLAND. witness alice m Hateley, Doris s Hall, Ernest Hateley Minister . Thanks lnr

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 10 October 16 05:21 BST (UK) »
At first glance, my initial comment would be that Reginald was not aware of his mum re-marrying, so, logically her death could be under SHEEDY.   However, I am NSW centric, and not as familiar with Vic BDMs as many of the regulars on this board.

Thanks for typing up the information.

ADD, I wonder if the reason there's no occupation noted for Reginald's father is a clue indicating that Reginald knew his dad was deceased.     Odd about the change of middle names though, considering he knew his father was William.

JM

Offline lnr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday 11 October 16 04:03 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry accidentaley missed out that william was a labourer and so was Helens father. Reg was only two when his father died.. thanks lnr