Author Topic: John and Jemima Cox  (Read 6871 times)

Offline cire

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John and Jemima Cox
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 21:06 BST (UK) »
John Cox's only son John was shown on the death certificate as being 46. ( born 1953)  Only the 2 daughters Alice and Emma were marked as dead.

I'm having trouble!!!!!! trying to attach John Cox's death cert!!!! file possibly too big!!!! I'll keep trying

John (senior) died 25 Sept. 1899.

Eric
Beeston, Whithead & Towle
Allesley, Bloxham from c. 1815
Foleshill, Gee (Jee) Adams Millerchip
Burton Dassett, Bloxham to c. 1815

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 20 October 16 00:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you Eric.  Really don't need to see the cert.  Your word is good enough :)

What's your opinion about that 1918 death in NSW for John with parents John and Jemima?

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 20 October 16 00:13 BST (UK) »
Re the newspaper death report of a son of a John COX of Yarraberg, I think Cando is right and that there were a number of men of the same name and this notice is regarding someone else.  Interesting that there appears to be no corresponding NSW death registration for the 1891 newspaper death.

The fact that John snr's death certificate notes deaths of two daughters and no notation of same for son John would imply that John jnr is still alive in 1899.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cire

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 20 October 16 10:01 BST (UK) »
It certainly looks now that the John Cox who died in 1918 is the favourite! I think that if he had married his wife's name would be on the entry in the NSW record rather than his parents. The name combination of John and Jemima Cox must be fairly unusual.
It is the daughter "Alice Sarah/ Sarah Ann" who is my main interest and I think we have sorted that. So I don't think I can justify getting the 1918 death cert!!!

It is my birthday soon so I could put it on my "wish list"!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your help. It has been great. The topic has over 1100 reads and over 50 posts

Eric

Offline cire

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 07 October 18 19:53 BST (UK) »
With regard to the correspondence we had last year about the Cox family and Alice Sarah in particular, I thought you might like to know that the family in Australia have found her grave in Sunbury. The grave stone was in several pieces, but now a new stone has been made and installed with a modified inscription. All your help with this topic is much appreciated.