Author Topic: Rita Lorraine Daly MacWhirter  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Cathbak

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rita Lorraine Daly MacWhirter
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 February 18 03:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edward,

It's great to hear from you again. I was wondering why there was no reply. Sometimes people decide they don't want to go any further and you don't hear back from them, so I'm glad you have replied.

All I can think of with the story regarding the car was that I think Mum was in the early stages of Alzheimer's when she told me about it. So maybe she was mixed up but she did seem pretty sure about what she was telling me. We'll never know.

I don't even know how Mum managed to keep in contact with Lorraine when she went to England as  the rest of the family didn't seem to keep in contact.

Yes I am in Australia. We went to England in 1967 when I was a child and did visit various family members in Ireland and England so I'm not sure why Mum would not have visited Lorraine then if they were in contact. Mum had also visited England at different times after that. I really can't remember if Mum told me if she had visited Lorraine on one of those trips.

I might send an email to my younger brother who was living in England for a few years. I'll ask him if he ever met Lorraine.

Lots of missing gaps.

Kind Regards
Catherine

Offline jk22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Hello. Am willing to share tree where appropriate!
    • View Profile
Re: Rita Lorraine Daly MacWhirter
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 September 18 05:43 BST (UK) »

Hello Catherine and Edward after a long break.
It's now mid September 2018!
I am stopping active genealogy now but will do 'housekeeping' aoap.
I gather that Catherine (Aust) and Edward (Eng) have now liaised and clarified the story of Rita LILLIAN Daly, then MacWhirter.
Thanks very much to Rootschat Volunteers who guided us on this matter.
It is a sad story, one of millions no doubt.
My darling Mother, Judy, died aged 91 last Christmas (2017) and i miss her muchly.  She was my best friend.  I'm so glad i was her 'carer' for her last 7 years.  It was a beautiful, if occasionally a harrowing time. 
Kind regards,
Julie
I can give you my email address if you wish to leave a private message via Rootschat system.
BOYD: Scotland
FERGUSON: Scotland
KEMP:  Wiltshire, Berkshire, Middlesex, Essex, England
GREEN & DEEVES:  Essex, Middlesex, Suffolk, England
MCPHERSON:  Sutherland-Highlands, Edinburgh, Scotland
MILES & MOWAT:  England, South Africa; Australia
GREATREX: England; South Australia
PERKINS:  Cornwall; South Australia
WATKINS: Wales