Author Topic: What Burial records are available for Whitburn pre 1855  (Read 1769 times)

Offline ailsac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What Burial records are available for Whitburn pre 1855
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 September 16 00:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Goldie61
I am now finding it is paying to order in these extra filmings. Yes I found quite a few that were missing on the Cavers Roxburghshire film, but Nothing extra on the films for Kelso, so still have the empty gaps of knowing children were born there but nothing to confirm baptism. So it does not work for every filming, but so far I am happy with the ones I have found. Just bear in mind I think it depended on who did the original recording, and if they were good at doing it. Mind you still large gaps on everything, due to loss of books, not recorded, damage from fire or water or mice etc. I have also found on these second filming's that sometimes the records are way out of order to what they should be, so had to look carefully at the films which can take some time. As an example on the Cavers Roxburgh one, I found the baptisms I was looking for in the previous Vol and not in the Vol that they were suppose to be. Same with some of the marriages.
Yes I love Scotslandsplaces as well, so great to find and know the exact spelling of places, maps, and Yes I have found people I have been looking for in the various indexes as well.
Thanks for letting me about 4th Oct as my sub for them has run out at present. All the best with finding your ancestors as well.