Author Topic: Barretts of Donegal  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Bikerchick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Barretts of Donegal
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 October 16 23:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much!  I knew about Michael and Eleanor but not Maurice and Judith...  This gives me something to run on.  But I'll still leave this topic open as I hope someone else will be able to sa, "Hey!  I'm related to these folks so hello there, cousin!"  Or one can only hope.

Hi again

There is a marriage between Maurice Barrett and Judith Fanning on Feb. 6th 1825 in New Inn

http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632743#page/37/mode/1up

There is another marriage between Michael Barrett and Eleanor Fanning on July 10th 1821

http://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632743#page/33/mode/1up

No sign of a Quinn Barrett marriage .

P J
Ostrowski, Sokol, Worochta, Lukowicz, Ternopil, Zverbki Skalat, Ukraine, Poland, Galacia, Carpathian Mountains, River Bug, Barrett, County Tipperary, Scully, Hyland, Cotter, McNamara, Quinn, Clonmel, Cahir, Knockskaugh, Knocknaboha, Catholic

Offline merrick7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 October 16 14:42 BST (UK) »
I know its backwards I'm going again but a good friend of mine told me once .

That in the Parish of Knockgraffon where names like Hyland, Luddy, Barrett, O'Donnell, Kenneally all came up from Clogheen/Ballyporeen and continued to go back down that way to be buried until well into this century .

P J

Offline Bikerchick64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 October 16 19:25 BST (UK) »
I believe that is what my cousins said as well - that my great grandfather was buried with kin in the Clogheen area.  I will have to find it the next time I am in Tipperary.

I know its backwards I'm going again but a good friend of mine told me once .

That in the Parish of Knockgraffon where names like Hyland, Luddy, Barrett, O'Donnell, Kenneally all came up from Clogheen/Ballyporeen and continued to go back down that way to be buried until well into this century .

P J
Ostrowski, Sokol, Worochta, Lukowicz, Ternopil, Zverbki Skalat, Ukraine, Poland, Galacia, Carpathian Mountains, River Bug, Barrett, County Tipperary, Scully, Hyland, Cotter, McNamara, Quinn, Clonmel, Cahir, Knockskaugh, Knocknaboha, Catholic