Author Topic: GEORGE SHAW B: 1917 - ABERDEEN - DIES CANADA ?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GEORGE SHAW B: 1917 - ABERDEEN - DIES CANADA ?
« on: Monday 26 September 16 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I am looking for info on a George Shaw B: 28 Oct 1917 - Leochel Cushnie - Aberdeen - F: James Shaw - M: Helen McGregor

Wife Jane B: 6 Sep 1922 (Possibly Clark)

Last info I have is the family tripping from Montreal in 1960 to UK - but no idea as to where they may of resided in Canada . . .

Brother James Shaw dies Ajax - Ontario ?

Any info linking the brothers up would be great - cheers . . . : )

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: GEORGE SHAW B: 1917 - ABERDEEN - DIES CANADA ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 September 16 14:46 BST (UK) »
Hi,

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives and has a clearly defined ' no living people' policy. Personal details of any people known or thought to be living are usually removed by the moderators (or you could do it your self), in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Canada has very strict privacy laws, the last census was 1921 and there is no BMD index available.

Would George or Jane have any middle names which might help us ?

Can see the UK return passenger list 5 July 1960 - Montreal Liverpool on the Empress of Ireland and a visit for 2 months.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 September 16 15:03 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am sure I am not looking for a living relative - just I do not have date of George's death sorry -

The rest were up just as to state to who this George may be - I can delete that for you . . . 

There were no middle names - George is the only name stated on his birth certificate . . .

Not a lot to go on I am afraid - but a possible link to Winnipeg - Canada . . .

I am trying to find all the brothers to Donald Shaw B: 1916 - Leochel Cushnie - Aberdeen

There may be a William and an Alexander Shaw to find too . . .

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 October 16 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Indiana.59,

It is best to confirm the death of your ancestor first. One avenue is to look at his brother from Ajax, Ontario to see if George and other brothers are mentioned. Sometimes they mention where the living are living. You can then contact the place's public library for his or thier obits. I think this would be a good place to start :-)

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 October 16 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Indiana.59,

It is best to confirm the death of your ancestor first. One avenue is to look at his brother from Ajax, Ontario to see if George and other brothers are mentioned. Sometimes they mention where the living are living. You can then contact the place's public library for his or thier obits. I think this would be a good place to start :-)

JDC

The death has been confirmed on the James Shaw thread (reply 2) - passed away 14 September 1991 Ajax Durham Ontario.
Reply 3 shows info in obituary - "Obit for James' wife only says "beloved wife of Jim" and doesn't name any children"

See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=756549.0

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada