Author Topic: Mary Wilkinson c1795  (Read 671 times)

Offline judith54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Wilkinson c1795
« on: Monday 26 September 16 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for a birth/baptism for Mary Wilkinson. Until recently I thought she was the daughter of John + Jane nee Shacklock but then found his will from 1815 in which his daughter was referred to as Mary Ann Wilkinson, spinster. My Mary married Huddleston Taylor, Aug 1811, in Bishopwearmouth - they had at least 5 children Jane, Susannah, George, Mary + Ann. Huddleston's parents were George + Susannah. My presumption is that Mary's Mum was called Jane but have no clue to her Dad. As Huddleston was a shipwright I wonder if this could also apply to Mary's father.                                                                                                                   

In Monkwearmouth there is a burial of Jane daughter of George + Jane Wilkinson in 1795 - he was a seaman from Shore so wonder if they had a daughter Mary born c 1795 (Mary died Feb1848 aged 53)

Unfortunately the Bishopwearmouth BTs are not on familysearch. The record I found re the wrong Mary was found initially on durhamrecordsonline and then a copy obtained from familysearch when you could request copies (a very valuable and much missed service).

Does anyone have access to BTs for Bishopwearmouth to see if there is a baptism for Mary, possibly to George/Jane, or have any other suggestions

Thank you
Judith
Burrell                         Mitchell            
Armstrong                    Adamson
Holmes                        Anderson
Fleming                        Rudd                  Boustead                      Picken
Huddleston                   Gathin Peele                            Foxall
Whinfield                      Lumley
Lindsley                       Shakelock

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Wilkinson c1795
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 12:25 BST (UK) »
familysearch has a Mary Wilkinson born 1795, baptised Bishopwearmouth 1796 parents Peter and Margaret

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline judith54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 18:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you Emeltom - a possibility but there are no children called either Peter or Margaret however that doesn't exclude them as there maybe children I don't know about.

thanks Judith
Burrell                         Mitchell            
Armstrong                    Adamson
Holmes                        Anderson
Fleming                        Rudd                  Boustead                      Picken
Huddleston                   Gathin Peele                            Foxall
Whinfield                      Lumley
Lindsley                       Shakelock

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 18:37 BST (UK) »
Worth remembering that it wasn't obligatory to name children after their grandparents. I think that only occurs in the Jewish faith, but I could be wrong.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more