Author Topic: Patrick McCormick  (Read 1107 times)

Offline AV Williams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick McCormick
« on: Tuesday 27 September 16 04:21 BST (UK) »
Hi all My ancestor Patrick McCormick age 23 arrived 1855 to South Australia on 'Lord Raglan'1855 from Galway with family James age 20, Michael age 13, Bridget age 15, Catherine age17 and Mary age 33.Would anyone be able to help find a possible match for a parish and family for me. I haven't had any luck finding any baptism records that fit for Patrick and family. Thankyou in advance

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick McCormick
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat have you checked this family for Marriages and deaths for parent's names ...Also what religion were they ?
Rosie

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 09:25 BST (UK) »
There are a number of Patrick McCormick's that have come to Australia.

To be able to assist you in finding any further information I need more information.

I was trying to back track a little bit to Ireland to see what I could find as I have McCormick/McCormack in my family history to no avail without more information.

Do you have names of parents or any further information on definite dates of birth?

Offline AV Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 13:06 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for your reply. Patrick McCormick married Mary Miller on the 9th of June 1856 at St Johns Kapunda a tiny little Irish Catholic settlement in South Australia. Unfortunately no parents names at that time. His first born was Thomas 1857, Margaret 1859, Mary 1861, Bridget 1864, Anne 1866, Michael Joseph 1868 and Maryanne 1874.The ship 'Lord Raglan' arrived in February of 1856.The marriage was registered as McCormick and the next four children as McCormack until the last named McCormick !! He arrived under McCormick. Very confusing today the family is McCormack.
Sorry but that is all I have Thankyou

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 September 16 23:07 BST (UK) »
I have found something on a website I use a lot.  It will give you a bit more information like the years of birth of the parents & some of the details of the children.

This is the link:  http://www.dustydocs.com.au/link/75/13247/227584/baptisms-marriages-burials-familysearch.html       

(I have tried the link & it only takes you partially there).

Once on the screen you will need to enter the following details:

Surname McCormack
First name Patrick
Year of birth 1830 to 1830
Place of birth Ireland
Spouse
Surname:  Miller
Firstname: Mary

It will then bring up the record - the only one & click on it to view.

I hope this helps.

Otherwise you need to gain access to the births, death & marriage records of South Australia via Ancestory or the South Australian records.

Let me know if you would like more assistance.

Offline AV Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 00:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help unfortunately I have access to ancestry and have tried Family search. Until I can get a parent name I can't link to a family in Galway. In 1856 South Australian marriages did not show parents names. I have all the children's dates of birth and everything on their time in South Australia. Patrick died in 1892 at Coonatta South Australia.
The ship registering their names and ages is all I have. Patrick and James are said to be with family so they may be cousins or brother in law to Mary age 33,Catherine 17,Bridget 15 and Michael 13 (these 3 children are said to be with parent I presume to be maybe Mary ).It is possible the ages are wrong. Thanks again

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 09:01 BST (UK) »
If you have access to Ancestry there is a tree with the parents as Thomas McCormick and Bridget Connaughton ....You could maybe contact them to see what proof they have that these are the right parents ? ..
Rosie

Offline AV Williams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 September 16 22:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie that is my tree and I am having doubts or cannot prove a connection definitely the date fits and parish near Galway