Author Topic: Albert James Lewin 7 Mar 1880/81 and Florence Jane nee Brown Lewin 22 Aug 1887  (Read 2911 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Albert James Lewin 7 Mar 1880/81 and Florence Jane nee Brown Lewin 22 Aug 1887
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 29 September 16 11:39 BST (UK) »
Not sure we put the link to the FIND A GRAVE entry  ???

Pvt Albert J Lewin

Burial Saint Johns Norway Cemetery and Crematorium  The Beaches Toronto Municipality Ontario.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=lewin&GSiman=1&GScid=1971603&GRid=156190616&

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Albert James Lewin 7 Mar 1880/81 and Florence Jane nee Brown Lewin 22 Aug 1887
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 29 September 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,
Yes I found that gravestone too for Albert when I was looking at the cemetery on google.
By my past experience of the Ontario library service, they charge to send an e-mail so being an oap I can't afford additional costs, so I'll leave that.
BTW  the family tree shown earlier at genealogie is my own!
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 29 September 16 12:10 BST (UK) »
That is definitely not true - not all libraries charge for sending obits via e-mail.  Cemetery Offices are usually very obliging as well and have never known one to charge.

St John's Norway Cemetery is pleased to respond to genealogy enquiries by phone (416-691-2965) or email.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 29 September 16 12:39 BST (UK) »
Well it is true of one library in particular which is the London one but I've e-mailed the cemetery and hope they can help.
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 29 September 16 13:08 BST (UK) »
As I said - not ALL libraries charge for genealogy enquiries. Perhaps you were unlucky. 

St John's Norway Cemetery is pleased to respond to genealogy enquiries by phone (416-691-2965) or email.

RAOGK have volunteers in Toronto who will photograph gravestones/cemetery plots.

Sandra

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 29 September 16 14:19 BST (UK) »
I wonder if Ada remarried?  Not seeing her obit under Uren anywhere. 

Ella's obit from 1999 says she was predeceased by sister Ada.  Ada was alive in 1971 when her husband died.  So, looking between 1971 and 1999 for her.

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 29 September 16 14:35 BST (UK) »
Found her.. 

Obit in the Toronto Star on Jan 17, 1990 Page E13. 

Ada Maude Uren died in Scarborough on Jan 16 1990.  Wife of the late Gordon Powell Uren.  Mother of S Hibbitt, and G Uren (Wife J).  Grandmother of 3, great grandmother of 2.  Sister of Arthur, Bill, Rene, Dolly and the late Albert and Annie. 

RK

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 29 September 16 18:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that info RunKitty.
Sandra had a reply from the cemetery and they say: Note: All Genealogy searches are done once per month*
Due to an increase in requests, Genealogy search responses may be delayed.
Hopefully though I'll get a reply soon.
Who are RAOGK?
CR

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 30 September 16 19:19 BST (UK) »
Good to know they will respond in due course.
RAOGK = Random Acts Of Genealogy Kindness.

Sandra