Author Topic: Stanton miller...Talbot & Markam & child,s death?  (Read 1144 times)

Offline hookleg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stanton miller...Talbot & Markam & child,s death?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 October 16 08:52 BST (UK) »
Did come across this in Bury and Norwich Post of Feb 1855:-
Stanton. Unreserved sale of a valuable windmill. House, land and premises very eligible for investment or occupation with possession if required at Lady Day next. Messrs Blencowe and Biddell are favoured with instructions from the executors of James Rollinson, gent, to sell by auction at the Cock Inn, Stanton on Friday March 2nd 1855 at Four o’clock. An excellent freehold property eligibly situate in the Parish of Stanton comprising a comfortable dwelling house and offices, small barn, stable ,granary, lodges, piggeries &c. about 1 acre of pasture and most substantially erected and capacious windmill, with a brick-built roundhouse, three pair of French stones and machinery of the best description, ample stowage for flour and grain and every convenience for the well-established trade conducted thereon.
Particulars may be had of Messrs  John and James Rollinson (Executors), Igburgh near Brandon; of Messrs Jackson, Sparke and Holmes, Solicitors, Bury; and of the Auctioneers, Bradfield Lodge and Hawstead Hall.
So wonder if Rollisons were still owners at the time of the accident you mentioned.
Burt, Cockrill, Craske, Debenham, Double, Grimwade, Grimwood, Hilder, Mayhew, Ray. All from  West Suffolk around the Bury St. Edmunds area.
Simpson, Pittendreigh, Arthur.   Aberdeenshire

Offline hookleg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 October 16 22:37 BST (UK) »
Inquest at Stanton 2 Dec 1823 Wm Burton Kimm killed by the sails of a windmill. Cant find anything about a child killed by machinery yet.
Burt, Cockrill, Craske, Debenham, Double, Grimwade, Grimwood, Hilder, Mayhew, Ray. All from  West Suffolk around the Bury St. Edmunds area.
Simpson, Pittendreigh, Arthur.   Aberdeenshire

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 November 16 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hookleg,

Sorry for not replying soon, I was in USA and my email service provider flags all my emails as read from time to time (very annoying!!!).

The first advert "mill for sale" was indeed Rollinson's mill, however there are 4 mill site in Stanton, and the accident (correctly id'ed by you as a sail accident) could have been at any of them without more info.  But thanks for trying!

I might need to see if the inquest records have been kept?

Windy
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers