Author Topic: birth certificate from Jersey  (Read 1384 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
birth certificate from Jersey
« on: Friday 30 September 16 07:28 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
I visit Jersey twice a year to visit my nephews - my next visit is 31st Jan 2017.
The barmaid in my local tells me she was born in Jersey -under mothers maiden name - but all her life has used her dads name .
She has asked me if it is possible to go to St Helier BMD Register Office and get a copy of her Birth Certificate .
I have pointed out she may have to go in person .
Does anyone have any advice please what the procedure is please - can I get it or will she have to go in person ??
thanks for reading
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: birth certificate from Jersey
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 September 16 08:02 BST (UK) »
Big Thanks KG - I will have a look now ..the barmaid is very attractive so I am hoping she will have to come with me ...ha ha
 :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 September 16 08:05 BST (UK) »
KG it looks like she can apply by post - £20 for the Certificate - and 50p postage ...so I will suggest she applies and if she has no luck she will have to go in person
thanks again  ;)

Online la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 September 16 10:23 BST (UK) »
She can apply by post or you can go in and collect it on her behalf. They are open in the mornings up until 12.30.
They only accept cash or sterling cheques so assuming that she is UK based there shouldn't be any problems.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 October 16 08:12 BST (UK) »
She can apply by post or you can go in and collect it on her behalf. They are open in the mornings up until 12.30.
They only accept cash or sterling cheques so assuming that she is UK based there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks very much la grand -methe - I spoke to her last night and she is going to Jersey with her 2 daughters in January to collect it herself  :)