Author Topic: Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche  (Read 15156 times)

Offline geraldine96

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche
« on: Saturday 01 October 16 14:12 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the Roche family of my grandmother Bridget Mary Roche, born abt. 1888. She was either born in Waterford town or Waterford County; although some of my siblings think it could be Wexford. She died in 1959 in Whitstable, Kent England. I think she met my English grandfather when he was doing his national service (WW1) in Ireland. We have a photograph of him at Errisbeg House, Roundstone Co. Galway. I am hoping that someone on the forum might have copies of the early photos of my grandmother in their own family archives. She only had one child, Derek Bradfield (now deceased). Her marriage certificate identifies her father as Arthur Roche who worked as a blacksmith. He had already passed away by the time she married in 1920. Any hints re: locating our branch of the Roche family will be much appreciated. We are based in England and will be using the internet. Thank you, geraldine96. 

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Trace My Grandmother Bridget Mary Roche
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 October 16 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Geraldine and welcome to Rootschat...have you tried looking for matching Family Trees on Ancestry...we also have a Surname Interests Board on here too where you can connect with people who share your surname.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 October 16 14:37 BST (UK) »
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1408347

Link to Ireland Civil Registration Index

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 October 16 14:46 BST (UK) »
According to a tree on Ancestry there is a Bridget M. Roche b. Waterford in 1890 and died in 1958 in Kent..  Parents were John Roche - 1857- 1921 and Moira Rogan 1866 - 1949
She married Edward Costiff Bradfield b. 1889 - 1966 they had one son Derek James Bradfield....1923-1986
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 October 16 15:19 BST (UK) »

Could try Irish 1901 and 1911 censuses which are free

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Offline geraldine96

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 October 16 16:44 BST (UK) »
thankyou to Treetotal for your referral to the Ancestory site, i have searched all the Bridget Roche's listed on that site  but they aren't the right one. My grandmother's father was Arthur Roche. the Bridget Roche who died in 1959 in Bridge, Kent IS my grandmother. I want to know where she was born in Ireland and what happened to the rest of her Roche family.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 01 October 16 16:57 BST (UK) »
Have you found her on the 1911 census?
Carol

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 01 October 16 17:02 BST (UK) »
Have you looked on familysearch.org, irishgenealogy & rootsireland.com as well? Have you tried looking for Edward's military record - it may show where he was posted.

Josey

ADDED: Do you know Bridget's religion - that may help in looking for a baptism. You may be able to tell from where her marriage was.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON