Author Topic: A. C. C. Mc******  (Read 773 times)

Offline Dr Quartz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
A. C. C. Mc******
« on: Saturday 01 October 16 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Good People,
During your various researches into this name - A. C. C. Mc****** - have any of you come across a more modern one?
I met Archie in 1963 at 5 Inf. Wksps. in Dormund.  I was a mechanic and he was a REME driver then. We became really good friends, and got into a number of scrapes together.
He married a stunning German girl - G******* B****** from Castrop Ruaxal (spelling?) - in '64 or 65.  We were then both posted to Lippstadt and we lost contact after that.  They had (at the time) two children.
He transferred from REME to the Army Catering Corps and had an ambition, at one time, to run a gasthaus in the Black Forest. But knowing this character, he might be running a haggis, neaps 'n tattie greasy spoon in Scotland. Mind you, he would be in his 70s now - as I am.
If any of you know him, or G*******, or have come across the name where this profile fits please be good enough to contact me, or get him to join ''roots' and contact me himself.  I would love to hear from them. Its been too many years....and I'm sure he still owes me a beer, although he would strongly deny it!!!
I now live in Wiltshire although I was originally from London.
Regards,  John.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: A. C. C. Mc******
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 October 16 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi , and welcome ,

Try 192.com  or https://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp
(Possible results in Saltburn-by-the-Sea , Cleveland)

RootsChat isn't for living people searches so your post will be edited.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 October 16 10:44 BST (UK) »
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 October 16 10:46 BST (UK) »
You could try "Forces Reunited"
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich