Author Topic: Henry ayres and olive james  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Rebeccajames35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry ayres and olive james
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 October 16 17:23 BST (UK) »
Lol I really should do that in future seeing as the spelling of names changes quite a lot
James
Miley
Parker sands
Ayres bowers coopers
Sparrowhawks smiths
Doe

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 October 16 17:37 BST (UK) »
Lol I really should do that in future seeing as the spelling of names changes quite a lot

Hi phew you got there, loads of ways of working Freebmd post 1912 searching for children Surname of Father Maiden name of Mother provides children born to that parentage,  also I  use the * when searching eg Mary M* C * Smith 1855/7 Staffordshire or even Mary M* C* b 1855/7 Staffordshire
Just play around with it, a great site used by all of us ok.😂
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rebeccajames35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 October 16 17:44 BST (UK) »
 :D :D ;D I can laugh now but it took so long with me entering the same details and it giving 0 results my brain started to hurt lol !! I have now ordered the marriage certificate phew at last !!
James
Miley
Parker sands
Ayres bowers coopers
Sparrowhawks smiths
Doe

Offline Mitche11

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 25 January 20 09:17 GMT (UK) »
My 3 x great granny was louisa james and she was married to John james. Louisas  parents were henry ayres and olive james .
Between them the have at least 9 children : henry b1846
     William b1857
      Alice     b1847
     Joseph  b1844
     MaryAnn b1837
     Lawrence b1836
     Deana    b 1834
     Olive      b ?????
I am pretty sure this is the right family because it was researched over 5 years ago by my sister and dad and this tree also has the miley family marry into the ayres family. I'm really unsure how to go any further and am wondering if the daughter olive could possibly be louisa .maybe louisa first name was olive ...........I think my brain is about to explode
     If anyone has these people in their tree or just has some information that would be much appreciated

Rebecca .

I am researching Olive Ayres, the information I have so far:

I have found a baptism for Olive: Oliph Ayers - 01 May 1842 - Hever, Kent, England - Father: Henry Ayers - Mother: Oliph Ayers. I don't believe Olive is Louisa.

Henry and Olive's daughter Olive had children with William Henry Gardiner/Gardener/Gardner, I cannot find a marriage record for William and Olive. William and Olive's children:-
Mary Ann Gardener born 28 Sept 1862 - Manor Way, Northfleet, Kent.
Henry Gardner Ayres was born 3 Nov 1863 and was baptised 2 Jan 1864 - Send and Ripley, Surrey, England.
Emily Gardener was born about 1865, date from 1871 Census
Leonard was born about 1868, date from 1871 Census

Olive is not on the 1871 Census, only William, Emily, Leonard and a visitor - Samuel Ayres. I found Olive living with her sister - Mary Ann and her family on the 1871 Census. Mary Ann's husband is Richard Collison and their children are:- Louisa, Caroline, Jane and John.

Could this be the Louisa you are looking for?