Author Topic: Turners, Ernest snr- Ernest jnr and Myra  (Read 2892 times)

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Turners, Ernest snr- Ernest jnr and Myra
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 October 16 16:18 BST (UK) »
And:

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 October 16 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Japeflakes' good work and to Carol, classy work as usual. I'm quite overwhelmed by the response. These are photos that are precious to me as along with my mom who is still with us at 88, these are the  people that were closest to me, growing up. My dad, bless his heart was my best friend too and my grandad and grandma, whenever possible,  took me everywhere with them when I was a tot.

Grandad was my dads 'hero' and dad was mine.... isn't that how it should be? I am so pleased that I put these pics up.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 October 16 16:55 BST (UK) »
Aw how lovely...Thanks for sharing HP...Here is the one that got away...I didn't think the colours were right for the era..but here it is anyway.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 October 16 18:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol, another beaut... sad to think that this lovely creature, for almost two years, ended her 94 years, blind, deaf, mute and mostly paralysed, in a nursing home following a series of strokes... life can be cruel.

I say that she was mute, because to all intents and purposes, she was....but the last thing she ever said to me, after reaching into her very core for a burst of energy.... "L..o..n..e..l..y" ...
It cut me like a knife.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 07 October 16 19:01 BST (UK) »
Aw...how sad....She must have felt so isolated in her silent world  :-\ I think you have a lasting memory of her youthful days in this beautiful photo...I bet you wish she could have seen all the lovely make overs and attention she has received.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 October 16 19:55 BST (UK) »
I bet you wish she could have seen all the lovely make overs and attention she has received.

Carol

Ha Ha!... yes .... the same frustration as everyone that visits this remarkable site. Time to lift the mood I think, to say that........ all the pics on this site are a celebration of those who went before us and long may it prosper. :D 

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 08 October 16 07:20 BST (UK) »
Another couple of tries

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 October 16 10:41 BST (UK) »
Nicely done Steve.... I'm not going to say that I'm spoilt for choice because I shall save them all. I shall pass them all on to my two brothers and our respective children and grandchildren in the hope that they treasure them, as I shall.

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 10 October 16 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hi HandyPandy

Hope you don't mind me having a play.  I  need to get my hand in again, been awhile!

Cheers
Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]