Author Topic: Robert Carswell/Margaret Jap & Robert Carswell/Agnes Waugh  (Read 850 times)

Offline Quartin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Carswell/Margaret Jap & Robert Carswell/Agnes Waugh
« on: Saturday 08 October 16 22:45 BST (UK) »
I am interested in getting in touch with any Carswell males descended from Robert Carswell (1752 -1805)/Margaret Jap & Robert Carswell (b.1787)/Agnes Waugh m. 1810. Both couples were from Neilston, and father and son.

I see some people have the elder Robert's brother, John (b.1785) marrying Mary Lang. However, he appears to have died before the 1841 Census and so annoyingly there is also no stat. death certificate. I am interested in tying up the details of some of the Carswells from Neilston/Ayr to see which lineages they are from (of the 6 currently identified) in the Carswell DNA Project that can also be accessed via Family Tree DNA.com....

So if you are male and considering Y DNA test to at least 37 marker level or already have done - and/or you documentary evidence to confirm the John born 1785 was the one who married Mary Lang it would be great to hear from you

Cheers

Offline jolo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Carswell/Margaret Jap & Robert Carswell/Agnes Waugh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 December 16 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello, My ancestors are Allan Carswell and Agnes Howie from Neilston, but Robert Carswell b 1844 grandson of your Robert C and Agnes Waugh, via son Jemes Carswell b 1820 and Janet Blair, comes into my tree when he marries janet McKay b 1843.  She is granddaughter of my 3X great Grandprents Jaohn McKay and Janet Dunlop.  I am female but I am in regular contact with a male distant cousin with whom I share DNA.  I will be in touch about your post.
Regards

Offline johncarswell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Carswell/Margaret Jap & Robert Carswell/Agnes Waugh
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 December 16 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Quartin,

I am one of the Neilston Carswells,also descended from Allan Carswell & Agnes Howie, who is part of the Carswell DNA Project.

I am not descended from Robert Carswell/ Agnes Waugh but my 3rd cousin once removed is.

The best way to make contact with him & me would be through FTDNA, Carswell Project. The co-ordinator Ian Carswell could give me your contact details, if that was OK. Explain what you have in mind & he will no doubt contact me.

Thanks for passing he post on Jolo.

Regards,

John Carswell.
Neilston Renfrewshire ;- Carswell, Howie, Stevenson, Gemmell, Sproul, Kirkwood, Gilmour, Craig, Young, Mitchell , McKay, Purdon.

Prestbury , Adlington Cheshire :- Carswell, McLuckie, Handford, Mottershead, Bradley, Cartwright, Slingsby, Mellor, Jackson, Smallman,