Author Topic: Bridget Nolan: infanticide and transportation  (Read 3586 times)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Nolan: infanticide and transportation
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 04:15 BST (UK) »

I have found some information about your DALE family in Tasmania. Sons are John and James. You need to create a new site on the Australia page, with link to this Carlow site.

When you have an Australia site for this enquiry I can put the Tasmania information there. Otherwise it all becomes untidy.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 04:21 BST (UK) »

From the convict record for Bridget NOLAN - I think it has brothers Andrew, Michael. Sisters Catherine, Maria....names for you to find in Ireland. Absence of parents names might suggest that they are dead.

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 08:28 BST (UK) »
Can't see any possibles...

https://www.johngrenham.com/places/civil_in_rc.php?churchid=0713&county=&church_name=Leighlinbridge
Think the address given could be Graigue,nowadays called Graiguecullen.Its a part of Carlow town that is in Co. Laois.
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 10:41 BST (UK) »
By the date, this was during the Great Famine, things were not at all normal at that time, bad/sad things happened.

Skoosh.

Offline KitHannay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 October 16 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the contributions. I will make a similar pot in the Australia page too.

In regards to the residence being Graigue - very possible. That's where the newspaper reports said that the baby was killed so very likely where she was living. Although, in the report I put up at the beginning states that she was in a lodging house, it doesn't particularly say she was living there but it was there that she was with the baby and then returned to without the baby, it continued to mention that ... anyone know why this could be?

Also, if anyone knows anything about this William James fellow? Seems he was a protestant and she was a Catholic?

I don't know if they were a couple or seeing each other or what happened and I know I might never know but I am so attached to this woman and her story that I'd love to find as much out as possible.

Thanks.
Hanna, Donoghue, Johnson, Williams, Glackin, Bradley, Fenlon, Carroll, McGinley, Haughey, Holmes, Cross

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.