Author Topic: historians who may help me  (Read 560 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
historians who may help me
« on: Thursday 13 October 16 11:02 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if there are any historical societies which may be able to help me , who may have journals /diaries of clermiston house and records of what happened. I have been in touch with who do you think you are with the story in the hope that they can help me find the info to prove or disprove the storu passed down through my family if its proven dont know what Iwill do , cant afford to buy back the paintings hung in edinburgh art gallery or pay death duties so leave things as they are wxcept for the house , if there is moneu to be had , I would like to have he house rebuilt and use it to house ythe homeless to get them on the housing ladder and find jobs etc.
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: historians who may help me
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 October 16 11:41 BST (UK) »
Found this via Google:

Clermiston House, which was Category B Listed, was demolished in 1970. Information from Demolitions catalogue held in RCAHMS library.

See also:
http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/1_edin/1_edinburgh_history_-_recollections_clermiston.htm
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)