Author Topic: How to find great-great grandmother's maiden surname Penelope Parker  (Read 8172 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How to find great-great grandmother's maiden surname?
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 19 October 16 09:36 BST (UK) »
I think until we hear from anto97 regarding definite information gained from his/her grandfather about more recent generations, we cannot keep on surmising about the generations before. As we all know it is essential for accuracy that we follow back from ourselves, with proof, for every generation & not jump too far too soon  :)

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline anto97

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to find great-great grandmother's maiden surname?
« Reply #55 on: Friday 21 October 16 17:31 BST (UK) »
UPDATE: Sorry for not posting for while, I got the flu and I couldn't write anything. Luckily, I got in touch with my grandfather, who lives in Edinburgh, and he provided me with many info about my grandmother and her maiden name. I got shocked, as he told me that Penelope gave up her daughter for adoption to an old woman. The woman named her Theresa and when Theresa got 18, she found out that Penelope was her biological mother. Then, she immigrated to Greece with James Blackwell, they got married there, their children were born there, among them it was my grandfather's mother, Vivian Blackwell. My grandfather was the one to come to the UK and settle here.

P.S.: I don't know the name of the woman that adopted my great grandmother. I'll have to go to Greece and search for it.

If I knew that adoption thing I would not post this thread... But hope never dies!  :D