Author Topic: William Edward HOARE and Martha FARRAR  (Read 2195 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: William Edward HOARE and Martha FARRAR
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 October 16 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi tyremoon,
Yes getting that Marriage Cert is a must to confirm info :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 October 16 08:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Trish is right, you need the marriage certificate. Just to prove this point, there are trees on Ancestry which show Martha's parents as John and Jane  - and her being born in Holbeck, Yorkshire.

There is no evidence to confirm this data and it emphasises the need to get her marriage certificate to confirm her parents details.

However, should you have access to Ancestry there may be other details on there which could help to fill in some other blanks.

Alan

Offline fyremoon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 August 22 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I picked up the thread of William's father, Isaac, in other posts last year but have come across this one again, and wanted to confirm that the info provided by you all is connected with my William and Martha.

The marriage certificate confirms that William Edward's father is Isaac Hoare, a dealer. Martha Farrer's father is Frederick, a gardener. They were both living in Luton and married there in 1882.

I've since been able to piece a lot more together, and with the recent discovery of Martha having a brother who also came out to Australia, was able to confirm he's Jacob, a younger son of Frederick and Edith's.

Thank you all for your great help over the years!

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 August 22 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thank you for updating us and I am happy it worked out for you :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)