Author Topic: Wadsworth  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wadsworth
« on: Sunday 16 October 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for my mums brother Trevor Wadsworth born about 1923/4 in Selly Oak Birmingham his parents ( my grand parents Margaret Perkin and Reginald Wadsworth) were not married at the time so when he was born at my great grandfathers insistence he was handed over to the Wadsworth family to raise as Great grandad would not recognise him as his grandson.
This information has come to light recently, unfortunately mum is no longer with us so I have to look into this particular information for clarification.
If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wadsworth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 October 16 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hello, not sure that I can help further but

can we clarify that his father was Reginald Herbert Albert Wadsworth
born c1902 Sellyn Oak to Henry James Wadsworth & Ann?

Reginald died 1987, married  Dec 1924 and had four children and their births registered Birmingham between Dec 1924 – Dec 1929 surname Wadsworth mmn Perkin.
Have not named as I don't know if they are still living - I can’t see a birth registered in the name you mention on FreeBMD.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 October 16 12:42 BST (UK) »
yes we can clarify this his mother was Margaret Perkin born 1903 to William John Perkin and Mary Ellen
Whittaker, However they may have given him another name, please do not think me as a nut case as this has come through spiritually by Trevor himself.
Margaret and Reginald divorced so when went to visit her father in her younger years she was not aware Trevor was her sibling and he was very attracted to mum but was told he couldn't start a relationship with her because she was his sister.
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 October 16 13:27 BST (UK) »
when did Trevor pass away?

maybe we can work backwards from his death as there don't appear to be any suitable Perkin/mmn Perkin births in the area or time frame

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 October 16 13:45 BST (UK) »
when did Trevor pass away?

maybe we can work backwards from his death as there don't appear to be any suitable Perkin/mmn Perkin births in the area or time frame

I couldn't find anything either  ???

Looking at the first birth Dec qtr. 1924 it looks as if he died aged 14 in 1939 Birmingham

As Reginald & Margaret married in the Dec qtr. 1924 Birmingham
she must have already been expecting him as his reg. Oct/Nov/Dec 1924

So I'm assuming the first child must have been born sometime around 1922/23

ADDED

about 1923/4 in Selly Oak Birmingham his parents
( my grand parents Margaret Perkin and Reginald Wadsworth) were not married at the time

when he was born at my great grandfathers insistence he was handed over to the Wadsworth family to raise as Great grandad would not recognise him as his grandson.

Do you know which surname he went by Perkin or Wadsworth?

There's no birth entry T Perkin/Perkin or T Wadsworth/Perkin in the reg. district Birmingham

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 October 16 14:07 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I do not know as all this was given via a spiritualist so I can not be specific on the info I have been given. I am very grateful for your help however I will have to try to contact some of the existing Wadsworth's to try and find out more if it is possible, thank you for your help and I will try to get further info to post.
Thank you once again
Kind Regards
Katrina

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 16 October 16 14:16 BST (UK) »
Probably no connection but thought I'd post anyway this is the closest match I could find for a birth
registered with the name Trevor in Birmingham but his mother's maiden name is PerkinS not Perkin and as he's registered as Chapman would assume that his parents had married

Mar 1920 Birmingham
Trevor Chapman mmn Perkins

Death 2001 Birmingham
Trevor Chapman born 15/12/1919

If you find anymore info. out please come back and we'll take another look for you

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 October 16 05:55 BST (UK) »
Hi
Please don't be offended but this is not the person as he was raised as a Wadsworth.  Thank you once again however I am going to try and contact the existing family members for help and information.
Regards
Katrina