Author Topic: Calling all Sennett, Sinnott, Synnott, Synot, Synnot, etc in Australia  (Read 953 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Calling all Sennett, Sinnott, Synnott, Synot, Synnot, etc in Australia
« on: Wednesday 19 October 16 10:19 BST (UK) »
As administrator of both the Sennett/Sinnott surname study (registered with www.o  ne-name.org) and the Sennett/Sinnott/Synnott (and variants) DNA study at familytreeDNA.com, I'd love to hear from anyone with a connection to a variant of one of these surnames, to try and confirm both the family tree in Australia and the Irish townland origins for any people of Irish descent.  The DNA study is quite small, but slowly growing, and is starting to show some common patterns for people of anglo-norman and Co Wexford origins, but needs more men from a direct S-NN-T line to test (YDNA) to fill in the gaps and make links further back in time.  New information from the recently released Irish civil registration BMD and Irish Catholic Parish registers is allowing me to connect a lot of emigrant families back to their Irish townlands.    If you have any interest in these surnames please contact me via the Sennett study at www.one-name.org or message me here as I'd love to work with you to share information.

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Sennett, Sinnott, Synnott, Synot, Synnot, etc in Australia
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 June 17 21:22 BST (UK) »
UPDATE - the DNA project is now accepting initial YDNA testing at as low as 12 markers.  This is because the main Co Wexford line of Sinnott/Synnott/Sennett is showing a relatively rare E haplogroup, so although 12 markers will never give as much information as the previously recommended 37 markers, it will be a good preliminary screening and matching tool for people who are reluctant or can't afford to go straight into a 37 marker test (current full price $169USD, discounted if bought through a project).   

The cost of the 12 marker YDNA test is currently $58 USD, but this test is only available if purchased through the surname project (search Sennett or Sinnott at familytreedna.com).  Note that not  all projects offer this level of testing.

Contact me if you need more information - either PM here, or through the Sennett/Sinnott surname study at one-name.org