Author Topic: Benjamin Phillips, Farm Bailiff, Grafton Farm, Bockleton, Worcestershire.  (Read 914 times)

Offline Robincrook

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Benjamin Phillips, Farm Bailiff, Grafton Farm, Bockleton, Worcestershire.
« on: Wednesday 19 October 16 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Rootschat members! Not been on for some time but really need your help.... unusual one but I am trying to re unite a clock with any relative of Benjamin Phillips Christened 26 June 1826 Bockleton, Worc. An inscription on the clock indicates that it was given to him by work colleagues on leaving his employ May1877 whilst working as a Bailiff at Grafton Farm, Bockleton. I am in possession of said clock after it was passed to my grandmother following a house clearance after his death in the parish of Shipton Moyne Glos. I have him in 1841(Bockleton) 1851 (Bockleton), 1871 (Bockleton), 1891 (Shipton Moyne, Glos), 1901 (Shipton Moyne)and 1911(Shipton Moyne) Census's. I am curious to know where he was in 1861 and 1881. It would appear that his father John and mother Mary Anne ran/owned the 250 acre Grafton Farm and employed their youngest son as Bailiff.
Rickards, Gardiner, Tibbles, Parker

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)