Author Topic: Is John Rands John Reynolds?  (Read 665 times)

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
Is John Rands John Reynolds?
« on: Thursday 20 October 16 13:46 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have found a baptism of John Reynolds 19 Jul 1790 in Mendlesham, Suffolk parents John & Mary Reynolds nee Thurlow.

I have found a marriage of John Rands to Mary Thurlow 12 Nov 1789 in Mendlesham with the groom coming from Wetheringsett, Suffolk.

I wondered if it is the same couple but as there is no image on familysearch could skp have a look at the register to check the groom's name if anyone has the image please. It could well be a written error of the name in the register due to the accent though.

Thank you
Wendy47

VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is John Rands John Reynolds?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 October 16 23:29 BST (UK) »
Not the image you are looking for, but there is this transcribed datbase also:

http://essexandsuffolksurnames.co.uk/parish-register-transcriptions/suffolk/mendlesham-st-mary-the-virgin/

The transcriber has written in the Marriage by grooms database for John RANDS/RANCH & Mary THURLOW:
By banns. Groom's surname spelt 'Rands' in register and 'Ranch' by groom.
Groom abode: Wetheringset. Witnesses: Jno. Garrard, William Groom.

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 October 16 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Ambly

Thank you very much for looking. Will keep looking and thank you for the links to the register as I have missing Crowes too and may come across other names I need.  ???
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
OSMOND Hants

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 October 16 12:58 BST (UK) »
I dis notice a JAMES/SUSAN Reynolds Baptising in Mendlesham around the same time as your John/Mary. From 1772-1795
Sarah was nee KEEBLE
(FreeREG)

On one of there Children Baptisms (John 19 July 1778) the surname is RANNOLDS and another Others Renolds/Ranolds/Reynolds
(FreeREG)

There are also STAMMERS/LAMBERT Children Baptised with Mothers mn REYNOLD, around the same time.

Looks like James/Susan may have been from Wetheringset also;

Marriage;
James REYNOLDS/Sussana KEEBLE
11 October 1771, Wetheringset, Suffolk
(F/S.Org)

So James Reynolds may be a Brother of John.

Elizabeth STAMMERS, Wife of Joseph was Buried 6 Sept 1812 age 39 (birth c 1773)
(FreeREG)
Looks like she is a Daug of James/Susan.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 October 16 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hello trish1120

Thank you very much for looking into my Reynolds.

My John was bapt in Mendlesham in 1790 s of John & Mary Reynolds nee Thurlow and he died aged 33 in 1824. I have just found his marriage in 1811 in Norfolk to Susanna Kitchen and there was a marriage bond naming his father as John Reynolds of Mendlesham.

There is a long list of children for John & Mary Reynolds in Mendlesham PRs and my John is the eldest, so I assume the marriage was in the 1780's - unless they moved from another parish like Wetheringsett. Something else to check!

John & Susannah's son George Edwin had a dau Maria and she married Abraham. Their son Arthur  is mother's grandfather.

I am now looking at John Reynolds & Deborah Carr as they could be the link between John & James.
The names Renolds/Ranolds/Reynolds etc are in the Mendlesham PR's so it is easy to check them all.

I have come across Stutters which may be to be a derivation of Stammers so I will check that too.

Regards Wendy47

NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
OSMOND Hants