Author Topic: Family Tree Maker help please  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Janealogy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Family Tree Maker help please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 17 February 17 22:59 GMT (UK) »
I am running FTM 2005 on windows 10. Reinstall your FTM 2005 on Windows 10. I had forgotten about this and had problems. I was using vista, there is a patch for FTM 2005 for Vista/Windows 7
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DO FIRST
http://ancestrylibrary.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2777/~/family-tree-maker-2005,-2006-%26-16-update-for-windows-vista-%26-windows-7

scroll down to     
STEPS FOR RESOLUTION    - Step (1) "Click here" ( Light colour green so easily missed) will down load the link. Please follow the instructions on how to install on that page.

The other issue I had was an old driver for PDF. The below resolved it.

On Windows 10, at the start, there is a search bar at the bottom of the page. Type  run program.

a box will show click "run programs made for previous versions of windows", click advanced and run as administrator Keep the tick in apply repairs automatically.
Select program your having problems with. List of programs will show, click FTM, Click  try recommended settings, next Test compatibility. It is only when you click "you still have problems...."Click "the program worked in earlier versions". Then the list of XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 show. Click what version you had, next, test the program.

Please remember you have to install the above patch first.
Pembrokeshire St.Dogmaels names "Davies", "Jones" William (s)  and Rees, these families moved to Cardiff, Glamorgan.
Yorkshire, surname "Burniston"
Devon, Somerset and Cardiff Glamorgan surname "Wide"

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 17 February 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
I am now the proud owner of a new windows 10 desktop and am pleased to say there were no probs installing FTM 2005 from my original disc. If I need to access Ancestry I just go to the library and get it for free :D
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 February 17 13:59 GMT (UK) »
And for anyone with an even older version of FTM
I am successfully running FTM for Windows 95 (Broderbund / Banner Blue - pre-Ancestry version) on a Windows 10 laptop. The only thing that doesn't work is the help text.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline ouismes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 July 18 15:25 BST (UK) »
I am now the proud owner of a new windows 10 desktop and am pleased to say there were no probs installing FTM 2005 from my original disc. If I need to access Ancestry I just go to the library and get it for free :D

Great to see this FTM 2005 link with Windows 10. You say =======
 "If I need to access Ancestry I just go to the library and get it for free"   

Where do you access the library please?

Ouismes here alias Facebook Page "My Ulster Ancestors" alias "Heather Donaldson Hunter" Facebook

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 July 18 15:51 BST (UK) »
She means physically going to a library building as most UK libraries have the library edition of both Ancestry and FindMyPast which library users can use for free.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire