Author Topic: Looking for James O'Neill  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Jumpinjackflash69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for James O'Neill
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 October 16 05:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra
Sorry i had to get the certificate out 29th October 1881 Gore st Fitzroy and it states he was 40 she was 27 and a widow

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Parkrox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sue,

James O'Neill was my Great Great Grandfather (his wife being Mary Jane nee Hitchcock).  I found it very difficult to track him down, along with some of Mary Jane's history but with some help I have worked out a fair portion of it.  The breakdown of the relationship still eludes me....

My Grandmother was a MARRS, her mother being Mary Jane's daughter Mary Ellen.

Happy to exchange what information I have.

How are you related?

Geoff
Brown, Walters, Marrs, O'Neill, Hitchcock, Rutherford, Lamb, Dickson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Geoff,
So Mary Ellen Marrs Nee O'Neill and my Great Grandfather William O'Neill were siblings, I have nothing on James O'Neill other than the information on his and Mary Janes marriage Cert, so any information you have would be great.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 24 February 18 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Ok so i found James O'Neill buried as a pauper no family in a cemetery in Heidelberg Victoria. There was a post regarding incarceration i cant find the relevant web sites was wondering if somebody could attach links so i could read would be interested to see if this was the reason for the estrangement.
Thanks
Sue