Author Topic: COMPLETED: QLDBDM search issue  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED: QLDBDM search issue
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 October 16 07:26 BST (UK) »
I have sent a email off to Qld bdm asking them to consider adding Cando's tip to their webpage.

JM

Yes, they need to make it known so those like me who are not on the ball don't get totally confused.  ;D

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline phenolphthalein

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 October 16 07:29 BST (UK) »
[quote author=phenolphthalein link=topic=758032.msg6082661#msg6082661 date=1477202280

Actually, you didn't sat that. You actually said that if you put in O'Connell you get O Connell.
O'Connell comes up with entry O Connell

Which is back to front to what I needed to do. So, Cando's point makes absolute sense in that context.

Jamjar
EXACTLY if you put in an entry O Connell and O'Connell comes up

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 October 16 07:32 BST (UK) »
JJ, are you seeking to join the Confuddled Club?   I thought I was the lone member.

RED POST

May I please butt in,   

Phenol..... ,  May I please ask you to re-check.

Your post did not direct anyone to enter O CONNELL.   Your post has O'CONNELL as the 'keyword' to enter.    Our OP wanted to know what alternatives to O'CONNELL as that 'keyword' returns the note that Cando has kindly displayed.

May I also note that I don't read Cando's post or JJ's post or my own post as being argumentative.  I know from experience that there are times in family history when being exact actually finds the best available answer.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:33 BST (UK) »
Well done Phenolphthalien  :)  Yes I get it.  :D

But the confuddled club are from an era where you dot all the i's and cross all the t's and put in those obvious extra words that some of us don't bother with these days.

Maybe if you had said
O'connell results come up with entry of O connell
they would have understood  ???

Well JM says that none of my posts make sense to her so maybe not  ;D

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:38 BST (UK) »
Well done Phenolphthalien  :)  Yes I get it.  :D

But the confuddled club are from an era where you dot all the i's and cross all the t's and put in those obvious extra words that some of us don't bother with these days.

Maybe if you had said
O'connell results come up with entry of O connell
they would have understood  ???

Well JM says that none of my posts make sense to her so maybe not  ;D

Ros

May I please learn where I have made the comment that none of Ros' posts make sense to me.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline annmck

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:49 BST (UK) »
Hi, Phenolphthalein  :)

Like Rosball, I got what you were saying, too, so I wouldn't worry too much about some of the more...hmm...pedantic responses  ;D

Keep posting. There are many appreciative RChatters out there!  ;D

Cheers 
Devir/Dever/Diver, O'Donnell, Sweeney, Doherty/Dogherty/Docherty( DON), Flanagan (Newry, DOW), Hennessy (Ballybunion, KER), Nally (Ballinacarrick,WEM) Meer (Paradise, Ballynagard, CLA) McKinnon, McLeod, Beaton, McLennan, (Skye, inc. Raasay) Christie (Dunblane & Glasgow) Wilson, Swan, Orr, (Airdrie)  Marshall (Burnley LAN/Stockport CHS) Burcham, Chamberlain, Crisp, Cone, Hewitt, Everard, Williamson, Jermy, Wade (NFK/SFK) Bell (CUL) Baglee & var. (DUR)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:53 BST (UK) »
Ros, your stupid comments are becoming as tedious as those of Pheno.

How dare you assume the era I am associated with.

This post was and is COMPLETED. I will now request it to be locked in order to prevent those like yourself from causing unnecessary issues with others.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline annmck

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 08:57 BST (UK) »
 ??? :o ::)
Devir/Dever/Diver, O'Donnell, Sweeney, Doherty/Dogherty/Docherty( DON), Flanagan (Newry, DOW), Hennessy (Ballybunion, KER), Nally (Ballinacarrick,WEM) Meer (Paradise, Ballynagard, CLA) McKinnon, McLeod, Beaton, McLennan, (Skye, inc. Raasay) Christie (Dunblane & Glasgow) Wilson, Swan, Orr, (Airdrie)  Marshall (Burnley LAN/Stockport CHS) Burcham, Chamberlain, Crisp, Cone, Hewitt, Everard, Williamson, Jermy, Wade (NFK/SFK) Bell (CUL) Baglee & var. (DUR)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 31 October 16 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Please will you remember to be polite to one another, this sort of posting is not pleasant at all to read and is to stop here.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk