Author Topic: Le Ruez, Rouet, or Lorraway  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Ethan Lorraway

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Ruez, Rouet, or Lorraway
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 02:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Toni,

As far as I have researched, i am a descendant of John's son George Lorraway, who was my great Grandfather on my father's side. Recently i have learned of a family tree made by my grandmother, which I have not yet got. When I get access to this family tree (I am told it is extensive), I will send you a copy, possibly giving you more information on you relatives. For now I have a copy that I made, But it only goes up to John Snr.

From what you have said, learning that the Lorraway's had come from New Zealand before they came from the Channel Isles and eventually to Australia is amazing. When you said that they moved to Mount Morgan from New Zealand I was sure that it was them, as I was told by relatives that George moved from Mount Morgan to Mackay, where he had my grandfather Brian.

Currently I live in Mackay, Queensland

Offline Ethan Lorraway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 03:20 GMT (UK) »
The tree I posted above may have duplication errors, as it is difficult when the way they name their children Is all done by repetition.

Offline tcwaters

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 15 May 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Ethan,
Yes John Charles was William's brother.  John Charles was born in Waimate New Zealand where as his brother William and sister Alice were born in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Their father was also John Charles or Jean Charles le Rouet.  He was born in Jersey and married Mary Hutchings before immigrating to NZ.  Mary then brought the boys and daughter Alice to Mt Morgan during the 1880's.  The brothers were William, George, John Charles, Edward and Alice.
I think William may have been William Francis.  William was my great grandfather.  My grandfather was William John.  My mum is Cleone who lives in Rockhampton.  I have heard that all of the Lorraways in Aus are related and descendant of the le Rouets from Jersey, Channel Islands.
Would love to see your family tree when you get it.
Thanks for the reply,
Toni