Author Topic: James Taylor  (Read 1545 times)

Offline snowolf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
James Taylor
« on: Sunday 23 October 16 12:40 BST (UK) »
hello,
I'm looking for a death of James Taylor  about 1848 .
He was in 1841 census at Morphie,St Cyrus.
I have his wife's death (Ann) a widow in 1855 at Dun , where she had been living for the last 7 yrs till her death.so i reckon after James died she moved to Dun

Thanks
Snowolf
"Durward"... (logie-pert, Dundee, Scotland,& Sydney ,Australia ,New Hampshire , U.S.A ).  "Johnston"..(Logie-pert, "Smith".."Arbuthnott/ monifieth/Montrose/laurencekirk , Scotland) "Kennedy"..(Dundee,Comrie) Scotland  & Australia. "Marshall"..(alloa, Clackmannanshire , Scotland). 
" Myles".. ( Scone, Perthshire , Scotland).
"Edward".. (Kincardneshire ,Dundee,Scotland),  Taylor..(Garvock,Kincardineshire,Scotland) , "Young"..(Kincardineshire),Scotland.
"Robertson"..Perthshire ,Scotland)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: James Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 16 13:18 BST (UK) »
Scotlands People is the only site you will get that info from.  As it was pre-1855 you will need to look in the Church Registers.

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline amberdog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Taylor
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 October 16 13:25 BST (UK) »
Did the 1841 Census give James age and occupation?  They didn't live at Marymill, Morphie perhaps?

There's a James Taylor down as the tenant/occupier of Robertson Croft, estate of Langleypark in Dun on the 1855 Valuation Rolls. A son perhaps? Who registered Ann's death and what address was given?  Her death entry didn't give the name of the undertaker? If you find her burial details that might lead you to James.