Author Topic: Burial Info. Baby or Adult  (Read 557 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Info. Baby or Adult
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 October 16 23:43 BST (UK) »
I don't think seeing the original entry will help you.  The transcript you are looking at is taken from the original entry.  If an age had been shown - it would have been recorded.

Having given you the info re: Preece burials I decided to just pick 3 surnames out of a hat and look for Dilwyn St Mary burials on the NBI

Jones - 39 entries - 9 have ages and one has inf

Bennett - 26 entries and only one has an age shown and one has inf

Williams - 39 entries - 16 have ages - one has chd (child) and one has inf

What I am trying to say is that the majority of burial entries for this church do not have an age shown
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline RobertPreece2016

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial Info. Baby or Adult
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 October 16 23:56 BST (UK) »
OK, yes.  That's probably more what I'm trying to find out is a pattern of how things were, or weren't recorded.
I'm only new at this and I've had some help on understanding local cultures of what happened back then. 
I wonder if back then they realised how hard it would be to trace people with the lack of recorded info, maybe that was the idea :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.