Author Topic: Catherine Cree & Peter Campbell - Missing some important facts....  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Cree & Peter Campbell - Missing some important facts....
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 02:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosalinda,

Sadly the OP (Original Poster) has been on line since initiating this thread & has not responded to any input/help!!!

It's actually quite sad when people ask for help yet fail to acknowledge the time & effort spent by others trying to help  :(

How long does it take to type 'Thanks'  :-\

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosalinda Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
Oh well, never mind!  ;) Maybe she'll be back someday!

Offline lockhaven

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 May 17 15:38 BST (UK) »
Annie, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't responded yet. I didn't meant to offend anybody. Sometimes the excitement of finding a new lead causes you to go off and forget to write your findings.
I hadn't been able to take all your suggestions yet and explore all leads yet.
I appreciate all your suggestions and help.

The suggestions I have looked up have definitely helped me out, I think Peter Campbell's parents are Peter Campbell (b. abt 1760-? Perth) & Margaret Murray (b. abt 1760-? Perth), it would definitely make sense with the passing down of names.

Rosalinda, thanks so much for writing, yes, I do believe there must be a connection between the lines. There's just too many similarities to not be related. I think your idea of sisters marrying brothers is quite plausible! I believe Thomas Cree's father was Alexander Cree (1719-?) so that would make sense that his first born son would also be Alexander Cree? It's so hard to find siblings without the wonderful help of the Census'. I think it's safe to assume that it's a definite possibility though. Did you find any more info on Alexander Cree's parentage in your line? Do you have a Ancestry tree I can look at?

Thanks again everybody for your help, and sorry if I haven't been on top of writing everybody back.

Offline Rosalinda Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 18:35 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I can't get further back than my Alexander.  :( There's some uncertainty over where he originally came from, and I've not yet found anyone who knows who his parents were, so for now I'm stuck!

You're welcome to have a look at my Ancestry tree though - it's under Rosalinda Jones Tree.

Offline lockhaven

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 20 May 17 02:50 BST (UK) »
Rosalinda, a few interesting things I came across, not sure if you saw this as well.
If you search the Perthshire Crie/Cree Family Tree on Ancestry. It shows...

Alexander Cree father of....

Alexander Cree 1713-? m. to a Mary Millar
it lists them having 6 children....
Alexander Cree 1736-?
Janet Cree 1739-?
Thomas Cree 1741-?
David Cree 1748-?
Jean Cree 1750-?
Agnes Cree 1753-?

They seem to have marriage dates, which leads me to believe they've proven this with parish records.

What's interesting about that is that it sounds like Thomas Cree might have married a cousin maybe? If his mom was a Miller/Millar, and his wife was, they are most likely related.

There's also the Hall Family Tree that has a few more details..... they have...

Alexander Cree 20 Dec 1713, Forteviot, Perthshire, Scotland
m. to Mary Millar 18 May 1735 - and they have the scan of the parish record.

They've listed Alexander Cree's birthday as 09 May 1736, Forteviot, Perthshire, Scotland.
As well as more exact birthdates for their siblings.

What's interesting about that tree is that they've listed Thomas Cree as marrying Jean Drysdale 30 Aug 1769, Alloa, Clackmannan, Scotland. Not my Catherine Miller 29 Nov 1767, Aberdalgie, Perth, Scotland. They do have a parish transcript, but it doesn't prove that it's the same Thomas Cree from Forteviot, it's still possible, but I tend to think my Thomas Cree is more logically the right one since Aberdalgie is much closer to Forteviot than Alloa.

Ok, I'd say that solves the connection, we're connected through Alexander Cree & Mary Miller/Millar. They're my x6 great-grandparents. Thomas is their son, who married Catherine Miller who must be related to Mary somehow, I'll have to work on figuring out that connection.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 May 17 03:49 BST (UK) »
Not sure if you've had a scroll through these:

http://www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk/search/results?st=aberdalgie

http://www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk/search/results?st=forteviot

Can have some interesting finds but I haven't gone through them myself.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline lockhaven

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 May 17 01:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annie, I haven't been able to fully explore it yet, but I've bookmarked it for when I have more time to search through each page. Might be helpful for other family members too, that's great, thanks. :)