Author Topic: Fahy/Fahey marriage in Affane, Lismore, Waterford Ireland 1909  (Read 3443 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fahy/Fahey marriage in Affane, Lismore, Waterford Ireland 1909
« Reply #21 on: Friday 28 October 16 01:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you to all who have responded so far.

I'm still trying to prove the Patrick & Catherine are the correct ones as there are 4 who married in the area at around the same time.

I will have a look at some of the information you have provided.  The parents of Alice, Evangeline, Walter, Robert & Joseph are Patrick & Alice.  I'm trying to confirm if the Catherine that died was my Patrick's Catherine or another Patrick's Catherine.

Her maiden name is crucial. 

The correct Patrick & Catherine had the following children:  Mary Catherine, Joanna, John Michael, Bridgett, Patrick, James, Thomas, Elizabeth, Michael, William Patrick, Margaret & Ellen.

I was always told that one of the parents died in about 1927-28 due to an urgent trip back to Ireland in 1927/8 (the return in 1928 has been confirmed) but I haven't found the details yet.  This would help to confirm if Patrick remarried & Catherine was the first to die at an earlier age.

I keep checking records and there appears to be no death of a Patrick or Catherine in this time.

I will however, look at the information you have provided to see if it matches what I have already discovered.

Many thanks so far.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 28 October 16 08:27 BST (UK) »
''her maiden name is crucial''

Irish death certs dont give maiden names,just informant a relative,hospital attendant etc
widow of a (occupation) and address at time of death.

Thomas was with his sister Bridget in 1901
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1895/10529/5835388.pdf

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Waterford/Cappoquin/Pound_Lane/1757570/

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 October 16 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am a bit confused here.
Do you have the right Thomas here? If so, then his father is Patrick the jeweller and clock/watchmaker and there is a death certificate for him.
You mention the other Patrick and Catherines but the men are unlikely to have the same occupation.
Have you checked the other couples to eliminate them from your searches?

Regards
Heywood

Added
I can see some of this has already been posted/supported so apologies for repeating.
I have rechecked the children you have posted for your Patrick and Catherine.
All appear on either Family Search or Irish Genealogy with parents Patrick and Catherine - Mullowney - variations of spelling.
I cannot find Joanna - where did you find her?
You have a likely death for Catherine but would need the certificate to prove this.
You have the new marriage for Patrick and children from that marriage.
You have Patrick's death.

I realise that this thread has wandered into the Hendrick parentage but that, you say, has been puzzling you.
Hopefully it is now resolved.  :)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk